Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> It's that time of the week again...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
You have two options as I see it:-

Arellano on your majors roster looks like a utility guy, and you already have backups elsewhere.

Gonzales - (minors) no positive pitching report and as a 12 pot I don't think he'll have enough CoS or Mov to be useful.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Would welcome some opinions myself. Just had a pitcher get the call after today's training update which means someone in the majors needs to go as I have the full complement of 13. My candidates are:-

Montes, 26, 14 POT - seems like the obvious choice, under-developed 14 POT. But he's made steady gains this year and would surely make more if I gave him more innings. Trouble is he gives up a run for every IP, so I do wonder if it's worth waiting for him to pan out.

Maldonado, 26, 13 POT - another guy with steady SI gains and poor numbers. Worst thing is that 4 MOV which scares me.

Hoffman, 26, 12 POT - too many points in fielding, only 6 COS, poor numbers, lowest POT of the bunch.

McGinnis, 24, 13 POT - too many points in fielding, average fastball, only 6 COS. But...18 MOV curve, better numbers.
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the ideas. What do you each think about promoting Bravo and dropping Delgado? I wanted to keep Bravo in AAA for an extra season since he didn't get recommended last season but at this point I'm not sure it will make a huge difference...

@Mike Yeah I've been a bit pitching heavy from the start. Lagos was well-developed for a 21 yo pitcher which is why I put a claim on him. I guess for a 12 POT neither his VEL or MOV will get to the 15-16+ threshold and I have a number of guys already who will probably promote around the same time as him.

@amalric Arellano is 100% a utility guy, and tbh he's been so good with the bat (.282/.353/.606 in 213 AB in LL IV last season) that I'm happy to have him backup just about any position. I'm also down to the 13 position player limit so I'd have to promote someone to make up for it... Gonzales I think I'll hold onto. Given his development trajectory in the minors, he looks to get 16 CoS if he hits 103 SI, which would be enough for me. Hard to be sure I agree...

For your guys, I'm not a huge fan of Hoffman or McGinnis. Out of your 26 yos, they are all projects and Montes and Maldonado have much higher ceilings if any of them pan out. Both Hoffman and McGinnis will also have CTL issues, which may limit them. I'd probably drop Hoffman myself, as I don't see his performance getting too much better, but it's hard to be sure. I personally wouldn't develop a guy with those fielding stats in the first place if that gives it some perspective :P
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Current wisdom suggests leaving Bravo in AAA for the rest of this season and probably most of next, but I agree with you - he's not gained a single SI point this year, so he may just need to come up. Delgado almost looks like a lost cause unless he gets every day AB, so might be an idea. And sorry, I never saw you were at the minimum hitter requirement. I'd probably promote Bravo and still drop Arellano, personally.

For my team, I'm not a huge fan of Hoffman either so he may be the one to go. In truth, I'm not a big fan of any of them, but they were all placeholders or upside guys to fill out the roster because there was no-one better. I have 9 hitters (8 majors, 1 minor) left over from when I took over in 2026, and no pitchers - the pitching had a few vets but no depth at all. Hoffman was one of the better bullpen arms I found, but I totally agree that he and McGinnis have way too many points in fielding skills. All four guys may go in the next season or two as the youngsters come through.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd leave Bravo down until after spring training next year.
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm with both of you on leaving Bravo down, my issue is who to drop instead, since my position players will be untouchable... :(
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Carcaroth, I'd be sending Hakkonsen on his way, he's not going to develop fully due to missing AAA. Bring Young Kim up, he's not far off being recommended anyway (I realise he's 25)

Amalric - if I was you I'd pick 2 of those 4 26 year old and give them as many innings as possible and get rid of the other 2. Any of them will develop ok imo but they need the innings to be able to do so
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Do you mean "more innings next time we play each other", or more generally? ;)

I resisted making a cut last night but have released Hoffman this morning. He's been terrible this past week, landing me a loss and a BS, so it was time. Wonder who to choose next...
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha well I predicted at the start that your pitching would be a force by the end of the season and it's heading that way, cut Maldonado and Montes imo, 12 pitchers will see you through just five and you can concentrate on getting your 3 young guns up to speed for next season, wherever that may be! 😉
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@JJNZ You make a good point, just wanted to get Kim the extra season in AAA. Maybe that wouldn't hurt, he's been there for a season and a bit.

Previous Page | Show All |