Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Any thoughts? A question about this pitcher   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, any thoughts about this pitcher? He is kind of bad against right handed batters this year. I'm wondering why that may be since he is higly rated in several areas.

Thanks for any thoughts and comments :-)
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Incredibly small sample size, only 25 AB. I don't think hi numbers will stay that high with more opportunities.

Also, as a reliever if he is coming into bad situations (runners on, no outs) he's going to have worst numbers then always starting clean innings.

All that said, hitters on the right side will always have an advantage over him and (it isn't really implemented to my understanding) he has little movement, this is what can help a lefty be strong against batters since he can get some pitchers that can tail off late and be harder to hit in general.
WizKid

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
too few innings to judge this season but last year's numbers are a bit surprising. he may be a guy that is a bit overrated in terms of actual vs visible SI, but he is too talented to give up on just yet.

or you could release him and watch 100+ teams put in a claim for a highly rated cheap closer ;-)
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I'll wait and see what happens. In the mean time may-be I'll move him to left-handed setup.

He does seem to be underperforming.

Thanks for your comments :-)

Updated Wednesday, October 12 2016 @ 12:07:47 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
There are definitely platoon splits. Some more pronounced than others.

The low movement will affect his ground ball rate. He will likely to get more flyball outs.

Main concern is that his build (and his history so far) suggest he is going to give up a decent number of home runs. His high control will help - less guys on base via BB. His low movement will hurt in this regard, as there will likely be fewer double plays turned behind him.

This concern wouldn't lead me to cut him unless I was swimming in quality LHP.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Combine a guy with extreme FB tendencies (career 0.73 GB:FB ratio) with your bandbox and he's going to give up a lot of HR at home anyway.

Previous Page | Show All |