Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> New Coding?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
That same thing happen last year had to double read it. Yes it's not new just rare.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm confident that was not a coincidence. In game two, my LHP was already in the game and the opponent made the same pinch hitter substitution. In games 3 and 4 the player never faced a LHP so he played the entire game.

In the 10th inning of game 4, I had a LH batter scheduled to hit. They brought in a LHP to face him and I followed with a RH hitter as the counter move.

I think this is new. At least I can't find any evidence of this occurring last season (admittedly I did strange things with my settings in 2028, though) and I'm sure it didn't happen before that.

I think this is excellent if all Brokenbat managers now do this. Both managers involved have positive offensive ratings, though, so I'm hoping that isn't a factor. All professional managers make L/R switches; I'm hoping that's the case here, too.

Updated Monday, October 3 2016 @ 11:21:15 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This isn't new but you're right, it's a very positive feature. As long as you have a player set to be pinch hit for the game has been making these substitutions. I haven't used it as much as my opponents have but it happens. I'm using it more these days.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Pinch hitting isn't new. Pinch hitting after a declared pitching change is.

Kudos, Steve. I hope more of these types of things are in the works. Small improvements like this are huge. It creates a much more realistic simulation.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
This is from 2026 (link).

Gallindo was my 0 pitch count LHSU.

Top 9th: Manhattan
Conti takes the mound to pitch.
Nava flies out to left field.
Galindo comes in to pitch. // pitching change
Segui comes in to pinch hit for Alfaro. //pinch hitter announced
Segui hits a home run to left field of 365 feet.
Booth comes in to pitch.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is blowing my mind. I watch almost every single game, use pinch hitters all the time and I've never seen it before. All of a sudden it has happened twice in the last four games with different players? Completely bewildered.

Edit--Oh, no. Now my fears of it being manager based are increasing. My manager just recently bumped up to 12 for offense, Coon Rapids is good and Manhattan had a good offensive manager that was surely at least that high. If that's what allows it, it's terrible! All managers know to do that.

If anyone has an example with a lower rated manager for offense, please post it here.

Updated Tuesday, October 4 2016 @ 1:07:13 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Err ...

Here is one of your games from 2023 - before new managers came in. Link.

Check the 9th. Reed (LHP) comes in. Shawnee responds by pinch-hitting RHB Gray for LHP Baxter.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Holy cripes! Seca must work for Elias or Stats Inc or some other miraculous search engine. How in the world did you locate that?!
I stand corrected. And relieved. You've forced me to start in 2027 and work backwards to find them. Maybe the recent manager hasn't believed hitters have been separated enough L/R to get the call. Then again, I'll probably find examples that I was oblivious to all along. 😛
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha!

My own example was easy to find. Lots of places where a Manhattan RHB pinch hitter wrecked a Dino LHSU.

Your example was announcement thread to find out when new managers came in, and then like game 3-4 that season.

Its a nice feature (and realistic), but a big advantage for the offense. 17 position player rosters mean there is almost always a big RH bat on the bench. LHSU don't get LHB out in BB; they get them pinch hit for.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's been driving me nuts for ages that my lefty relievers have almost exclusively been facing pinch hitters as soon as they came in. Nothing new here at all.
It's worse in the lower leagues where after the fifth inning bot teams and new owners with lots of default settings pinch hit for basically every same side hitter. Upper level owners tend to be more selective in their pinch hitting settings.

Previous Page | Show All |