Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Hometown Teams   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I live in Kenosha, home to the Kingfish, the Northwoods League 2015 champions. The Northwoods League is a wooden bat collegiate league. This is Kenosha's second Northwoods League team. We had the Kroakers for a few seasons when the league first formed in the early 2000's. In the 80's and 90's we had the Twins, who were a low A minor league affiliate of the Minnesota Twins. They won two Midwest League Championships in '85 and '87. I live between Milwaukee and Chicago, so I get a lot of baseball. The Brewers are my home team, though I also pull for the White Sox. I have not pulled for the Chubs, I mean Cubs, since they crucified Steve Bartman in 2003.
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in rural North Georgia, about 20 minutes from Rome, home of the Rome Braves, the low-A part of the Atlanta Braves farm system. They, along with the whole Atlanta farm except for high A Carolina, are in the playoffs. I've been to a few games. There's nothing like minor league ball.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Fairfield County, CT. Home of Fairfield U, Sacred Heart U(college). We also have the Bridgeport Bluefish. They are a semi-pro team in the Atlantic League.
cmneal

Bolingbrook Beavers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Peoria Illinois

Limited sports choices

College Bradley Braves

Cardinal's affiliate Peoria Chiefs

Personally I'm a Cubs fan.
Hatleyville

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Little Rock, Arkansas

We have the Arkansas Travelers, AA affiliate for the Angels. Got the opportunity to see quite a few Angels prospects come through, most notably Mike Trout.

Mostly follow collegiate ball and the Arkansas Razorbacks. Actually had four current players/incoming recruits play in the Northwoods league this summer, with one playing for Kenosha - LHP Ty Harris. He didn't play so hot for you guys however, with an ERA around 7.00. Hopefully the experience will help him on the mound next year in the SEC.

Previous Page | Show All |