Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Interesting League Leaders..(!)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
(since we're only 1 series away from the all-star break...)

The league leaders seem pretty interesting in my league. How is it elsewhere?

I just noticed that one of my players is 7th in the league in hitting with a .279 average!!! And looking at the other hitting categories: The league leader in runs has only 45, & a guy with 15 home runs is leading the league by himself! & A guy with 39 RBI is 9th right now!

The averages seem to have gone up some, but league-wide hitting is still worse than before they lowered the mound in MLB! (1969 i think). If i remember right, a couple weeks ago some guy in the .260s was in the top 10. & every player was hitting under .300, lol.

25 HR for the season will make you one of the elite sluggers probably!

As for pitching... The ERA's are really low, but that's it. There's only one 10 win pitcher, & strikeout numbers are very unremarkable to disappointing.
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's truly remarkable how low offensive numbers are though. My team is built offense-heavy if anything. I'm in 1st place by 11 games and... check out my team leaders:

Runs - 38, RBI - 37, HR -10, Hits -75, Walks - 38

& I'll be lucky if my 4th best hitter gets over 100 hits for the season!!! I might get 1 player with 80 walks & 2 more in the 60s too. This is crazy...
(Even proven multi-season all-stars are completely sucking for no apparent reason)

I guess my question based off the above is... are teams just incredibly pitching-heavy? Even if they are, the offensive numbers still seem borderline unrealistic. I didn't have a chance to browse other leagues yet, so maybe this is just a fluke?
Erkuza

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's different throughout different leagues. My team hit over 200 HR last year and it looks like they are on pace to do it again this year. A guy is leading my league with a .351 average and one of my players leads the league with 19 HR.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
in my league...i would say the league leader pace is pretty much par with what you might see in the MLB...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I do monitor the overall statistics very closely. The targets for these statistics are a pre-steroid model where there is an offensive balance between power hitting and the other facets of the game (speed & offensive tactics like bunting/hit & run). For the current season, the overall batting average is .262 (up from last season), an on-base percentage of .333 and a slugging percentage of .444. I think those are all reasonable numbers.

Of course, these numbers vary by league and currently the better leagues are a little pitcher heavy.

Steve
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i think most stats are reasonable but stolen bases (they are to high)

Previous Page | Show All |