Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Players Signed As Free Agents That Turned Into All Stars   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Optics

Santa Monica Carp
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
May is a good player for me.
http://brokenbat.org/player/92860

Murray is also important.
http://brokenbat.org/player/74958

Go Carp!
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Only Kim in my team.
Shyfire

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/108794

Although not an allstar Bauer is a crucial part of the team and is probably the best free agent signing i'v made yet

Updated Wednesday, August 24 2016 @ 7:40:40 pm PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Leonard "The Fox" Filippini

Had been a fairly average hitter over 9 seasons with the Port Arthur Knights, and had played sporadically at 1B, 3B and OF. He had a 3B 1b designation when I picked him up, which had now reversed (1B 3b) - what a LHB is doing played third beats me. He played the last 50 games in 2026 filling my void at 1B and hit .330, probably making the difference between promoting or not. And then he's been an All-Star the last two seasons, still going strong at 34.

Diego Silva has given me two solid seasons (now 33), and was an All-Star this season. Spent 13 years with the Rock Hill Wolves.

Diego Vasquez was a very average starter for the Chicopee Colts, as you might expect of a guy with 6 Stamina. He was turned into a closer last season (by the Colts) and had 36 saves, though he did blow another 23 opps! Made the All-Star Game for me, and is currently 28-for-33 in save opps. Throws strikes and gets a ton of groundballs (GB:FB ratio 1.65).
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Childs is probably my biggest success so far. Picked up off waivers partway through last season, as a 26 yo with just 81 SI (even with a good build), I don't think a lot of GMs would have given him a shot. After a rough first season, he's repaid me in spades this year, getting close to capping and turning into the ace of my staff (although that may be more of a statement about my SPs than anything lol).

Macias has become my closer for this season. Grabbed him off waivers 4 seasons ago and he's managed to cap already. Decent groundball pitcher (1.32 GB/FB lifetime) who doesn't give up many walks.

Aquirre was one of the first major waiver claims I won when I started playing BB last year. He hit the majors quickly and has been my starting catcher ever since. Consistent 20 HR hitter, managed to get up to 30/100 last season. He'll be around for a while, as I don't have any catching prospects ready to go just yet.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The only player I can show here is Rossi, who got kicked out of Manhattan Isotopes (now a legends team), but gained 30 SI in his first two seasons with us, becoming a starting OF. Too bad he got demoted to bench this season due to bad performance ;)
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
One of the few things the previous owner of my time got right: signing and developing the DH Alvin Giuliani. All Star for at least my League Level 6 team.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm hoping the guy I picked up before the deadline will be one in a few years. He has been everywhere and no one else put in a claim for him this time around. He looks like he should be a solid offensive player to me even if he is a little behind the curve at age 26. We'll see.

http://brokenbat.org/player/114198/L
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Let's see... this year, Martin Mata got his 2nd All-Star appearance and he was signed as a FA, granted this was a good while before I took the team.

Roger Stein was a Waiver claim so I'm guess that doesn't count? We're talking actual FA, right?

Similar for Lawson... he was also on waivers.

That's probably it... at least of people who were elected this season.

Updated Saturday, September 3 2016 @ 4:11:02 pm PDT
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
#84951] this guy is a 2028 all star after missing the 2027 season. Dejuan Bauer [ is a 2027 all star after missing the 2026 season. I hope I can keep this trend going, but I think I was just lucky.

Previous Page | Show All |