Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Draft #4   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Some nice hitters there!

@Rock - Surely have to nickname him "Hurricane"!
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock

Congrats!!! Finally got one. :)

For myself, again I was looking for pitching. Went high school and there was one very good potential, and two good potential pitchers! (The hitters were forgettable) I was thrilled to see a very good pitcher survive until this point in the draft. He was a no brainer. I was praying for a 14+ POT, but it turned out he was a run of the mill 13 POT. Not the greatest build, but at this stage, I'll take an average 13 POT pitcher.

I would like other people's opinion on this; should I be doing more to improve my minor league pitching or are they alright? I have 6 12 POTs and 6 13 POTs now. Here's a link to my minor leagues.

Updated Friday, July 29 2016 @ 9:13:16 am PDT
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
4th 11 POT in a row.... !!!
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
@mig2015

You certainly have enough minor league pitchers. Especially for a guy with a relatively young staff and 11 pitchers on your majors roster. I like using 11, plenty of depth without overcrowding.

You probably wouldn't want or need to bring more than 1 or 2 pitchers up a season. I'd say 6 in AA is excessive and you could thin the herd there by a couple of guys easily. I doubt you'll want to break in 6 guys close to each other. But it may also depend how confident you are in their futures.

Since your pitching pipeline is pretty full, you could probably concentrate on high school types. Avoid college. Keep the pipeline flowing.
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like Buffalo is staying in Latin America, got a nice 13 POT Pitcher.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Newtman, yep training him at 3B already. His arm is a bit low for my taste, but it certainly looks to be his best position.

@amalric7, lol, nice pun, but he'll have to earn it. With no speed and no power, Hurricane might be a bit of a misnomer ;)
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, not a bad pickup this week. I've been looking for another catcher. http://brokenbat.org/player/135893
Alpo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
13 pot 1st baseman with can be a great hitter and has decent speed
Rome

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
3 straight pot 13 and a pot 14 this week.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Went shopping in Latin America. bought a 14 POT OF. Probably don't need another OF, but... well... he was there and my only other real alternative was another OF, so there he is. someone wants to throw a pitcher my way and I might reconsider.

Previous Page | Show All |