Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Press Release Blog   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This thread is so press releases dont get buried after 3 more are posted.
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yakima, WA - Last season, when manager 'Doc' Ferrara walked into the Falcon's clubhouse at 8:00 AM, coffee in hand, he was the only person stirring in the building. He would sit down at his desk and read the Yakima Herald while the club's seasoned vets rolled in to the clubhouse like clockwork. "I could set my watch by Jesse Hampton, who would walk in every morning at 8:30, shave, and be the first ballplayer on the field," Ferrara recalled. "He never faltered. Taisei [Kanemura] took right after him, which is probably why he never missed a game last year."

Despite the routine and hard work, the Falcons were exactly average last year. There was no clubhouse drama, but there was no excitement either. The Falcons appeared rusty, aged, and tired. Niel Picco, clubhouse leader and first baseman extraordinaire, retired last season, but came out of retirement as a player/manager for the LL 6 Wichita Falls Cardinals. Without Picco, the Falcons lost the clubhouse shenanigans that forged the brotherly bonds that led the club to 3 straight promotions, and two pennants.

On day one of spring training this season, it was clear to Ferrara that the 2028 Falcons were not going to fall into a mundane routine.

"With 6 rookies on the roster, the clubhouse mood is much more lively," Ferrara told the Herald. "Korey [Young] and Christian [Nunez] keep everyone on their toes with their pranks and shenanigans. No one is safe from their practical jokes. One morning, I heard Jesse cussing under his breath. Something about peanut butter in his shoes. After hearing that, I keep my uniform under lock and key, safe from the boys tinkering hands."

On the field, the rookies are playing with boundless energy. "It is really fun to watch," declared backup catcher Raul Fernandez. "The games the Falcons have been playing feel exciting, and the energy is electric. These rookies are something else. The fans can see that, I'm sure of it. The crowd seems to be cheering louder, and showing up more consistently. Our broadcasters are having more fun with their commentary as well."

The Falcons Fans have plenty to be excited about. Yakima has opened the season 7-3, and are tied for first in the league. The Falcons open a cup series with the St. Paul Killer Bees this afternoon. The series should be fun to watch, as the youth are playing with heart in the Heart of Central Washington.

Previous Page | Show All |