Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Cup 2028   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball

The HR from a SS hitting 9th is not unexpected, as Brock is keen to the long ball ;)

Over his 8 season career Brock has a .211 BA, a .333 slg, and a .602 ops. His stats do a very good job of hiding keen-ness for the long ball. My apologies for suggesting it was unexpected.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Brock is a the best fielder ever to play for Laredo, while his hitting skills are a straight 12.
Any offensive producing from him is regarded as a bonus, although this is the second season in his career he's actually a contributor on offense, even tho in a platoon.
he hit leadoff a few times!

What I meant as been keen for the long ball, is actually a keenness for the GWRBI
maybe it is just a bias of me remembering his heroics, or maybe it's actually an hidden skill for clutch hitting, that Brock possesses and another player like Ben Robinson does not (an 18/17/13/15 hitter who seems to falter with men on base)
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Apologies. That was a 4AM post. I don't sleep much. Thought there might be some humour there, but wasn't sure at that hour.

With the deepest pitching staff in BB and an all glove SS batting 9th who likes hitting game winning RBI, sounds like there is a prohibitive favourite in the final.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
don't mind, Seca, I noticed the humor, appreciate that

my answer was serious because I'm trying to make a point about how player's splits, and season's form are making him playable or not.

as for Laredo being a favorite in the final, I strongly feel so.
Both pitching and hitting skills are vastly in my favor.
If skills and stats will be enough to win 2 out of 3, dunno!

interesting fact: both finalists share the same stadium configuratio. Extreme hitters park: shorter outfield, and lower fences as allowed by the rules.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Beachside Park with the early advantage.

@Frankebasta - Never fails: make positive comments about your team in the forums, and the RNG comes back and bites you. ;)

Still two games to go, plenty opportunity to turn it around!
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Not just RNG.... The injury buck bit Laredo as well
The most recent cup's hero's, and best fielders on the team are out for the final game.
Brock, the SS, was lost after game1
And now Webb, the C who hit one HR and recorded 3 CS in game2, is out too.

What you're gonna do?

Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Never count the Laredo Mustangs out....The Eagles had them 8-0 with one out to go - to eliminate them back in round 5-- and the Mustangs scored 9 to win...and then took game 3 to eliminate the Eagles.
Good luck to both teams!
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to the Laredo Mustangs for winning the 2028 Cup!
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations, Frank! Well fought Cup victory!

Congrats to Toronto as well, terrific run!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats Frank. Now I have to go double hard in Rotisserie ;P

Previous Page | Show All |