Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Training Pops - spring training edition   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I used no training focus and had 19 players gain at least 1 SI. The best was a 27 yr old pitcher who gained 1 in all of the pitching skills.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I accidently left focus on from last the last training session (I only use it when I see a lot of key players are behind on a specific skill), and I had relatively poor pops compared to past years. Really I think that is just random and dependent on what fractional position the last update left off at.

In terms of overlap. If my estimation of manager skills from last year was correct (and I haven't gone back to verify it yet), there is almost no overlap between good and excellent. But as Seca said, if it is a very small impact, you aren't going to see it in a single update anyhow.

Updated Saturday, July 16 2016 @ 9:32:40 am PDT
iladel90

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had 15 batter increase but only 7 pitchers.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Some interesting answers! I tend to go with Hitting as my Primary, because even with a strong-hitting lineup I had enough guys who had room to improve there. And even then the other skills seem to get enough. I would have thought "No Focus" would have given a better spread but I tend to get an even spread anyway. For instance, for this update just past:-

11 hitters, 14 SI gain (plus 2 fielding). Breakdown:-

+3 hitting
+4 bat control
+3 plate discipline
+4 power

As far as pitching goes I've changed it a couple of times and currently its set to Off-Speed pitches.

6 pitchers, 11 SI gain (plus 3 fielding).

+3 velocity
+2 change of speed
+2 movement
+3 control
+1 stamina

Does this prove anything? Probably not! But it is an even spread, the sort I would have expected from 'No Focus'. I'd be curious to see breakdowns from teams who use that (without actually checking their teams training!).
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@almaric, well when I said pops, I meant the number of players that had a pop, I did not specify how many pops each of those players had ;)
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Now that makes sense. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@amalric7 - its something like a 10% boost to that skills training over the other skills. So it would be negligible in a one week period. After 10 updates you should see a one pop difference, assuming all your players started at 0 in the sub and had equal skills which were all equally distant from their potential. So, really hard to see without very large sample sizes.

Updated Saturday, July 16 2016 @ 2:23:02 pm PDT
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Only when Crow had his arm adjusted I noticed that his potential went up from 12 to 13.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I went with "No Focus" this week, 22 SI pop.

That's pretty much in-line with previous updates, so I'm not seeing any difference (breakdown was the same as when 'focused'). Might keep with it next week.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Johny Vitale "rookie" "gold glover" 100 SI
Would love to see him gain 103 SI this year.
If he pop's 3 more? 1 in fielding 1 in BC 1 in PD.
I will be very happy with him.

Previous Page | Show All |