Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Spring Games 2028   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Spring training results are meaningless to me, even if its nice that we've gone 6-1 after starting 3-5. It's all about getting the young/under-developed guys more playing time.

So far, and barring further injuries, I think I'll have all 22 of my bats with at least 20 AB by Friday's update, and all 12 pitchers with double figures of IP (bar my one longterm injury). And one of my 26-yo's Waters is getting a run-out at C, something I hadn't considered before (and neither had the bots, of course). He's still some way off his "great hitter, decent slugger" rep but hopefully regular AB this season get him there, and he's gone 5-for-12 throwing out runners with his 18 Arm. Given I have two other developing Cs it may be time to let my vet Zuniga go.

Spring training is also a time to run wild. In my first season (2026) we had no speed and stole 58 bases all year (1460 games for batters). Last year we stole just 55 (1458 games). This spring, 29 in just 242 games. I know its quick guys against generally lousy fielders but given my old power guys are getting on it may be our future.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Playing against league V.8 team with all veteran players. Make's my team really bad. Gave up 4 runs then 8 runs then 3 runs. Managed to score 3 runs in 2nd game. I think if i did win league VI.26 and went to League V.13 I would just be horrible and fall back down.
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
2 wins 1 lose i like those odds.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I decided to not sub batters out in spring training so everyone can get playing time since I check the game every night I just put who I want to play the next series in and rotate new guys in the following night, cause people were getting subbed out after one at bat or others never got subbed in. Any thoughts on this strategy, trying to get pitchers is almost hopeless but it appears all the minor leaguers are getting ~3-4 innings each appearance
Bill3789

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Lost 2 of three to the mighty Birmingham Athletics while giving up only 13 runs (7 earned). Excited for the future.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
21-3 thru games so far
Very happy with my youngsters in ST
Hopefully my experienced line up can perform during regular season
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
2 wins 1 lost. The 1st game we lost top of the 9th by 1 run. i say the team did awsome in this 3 game serries.
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
2 loss 1 win could have been better? maybe i can sweep 3 and go 20 wins 10 loss for spring.
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
1 loss 2 wins. The loss was in 13th inn against a tired pitcher. 19 wins 11 loss in spring games. Overall i say we did evrything as a team was the responce Tyson Rodgers gave the press. looking forward to playing with some of those minors when they come up to the bigs manager Rogers says they are a good group of players.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't like to draw too many conclusions from spring training but I feel confident that Lopez and Kirk will be contributors at the big league level. Lopez at SS and Kirk at RF or C.

Previous Page | Show All |