Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> All-Scandinavian Team???   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you are going to do this, I think it would be best to do it with a team that would cause the least disturbance. Besides Hobbs or PadrĂ³n, I don't think anyone else would cause a big splash.

Just please clear this with Steve before moving forward with cuts.

Thanks
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The concept behind Team Italy is to build up Italian players who aren't being developed on other teams. Taking a team where Scandinavian players are already being developed kind of defeats the purpose.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the idea of this team playing against Team Italy in the same league. It makes sense to me to have teams squaring off that are playing under some serious staffing handicaps.
Team Scandinavia

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock

I just looked, and there are no available teams that have more than one "Scandinavian" player. So, I think that the team I have now will work. Also, I understand the purpose of making a Scandinavian team. I can show you the document I made of available players that I am considering adding, and it is not pretty. There is not one 13 POT player on the list of 53 players. Most are 11 POT and 12 POT with a few 10s mixed in. Just to stay afloat, I will have to sign a couple of older guys.

Edit: Just btw, the one Scandinavian player on my squad was drafted right after I was assigned the club. :)

Updated Sunday, July 3 2016 @ 7:58:54 pm PDT
Alpo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Tiger504, he already will play team Asia in his league and eventually i think we should have an entire league of teams with players from certain regions.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think that would really work... Its not like they are playing in a separate pyramid. Those teams can promote just like any other team.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
What is the ruling on having another team? I know the Manual states "It is recommended that you only have one team so that there are no conflicts of interest between teams and so there are enough teams available for other players", which makes sense, but there are usually teams to spare and I've seen at least one example of a guy with two teams.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think if you have a team, you should talk to Steve before you sign up for a second team. If he agrees to give you a second team, I think you should be prepared to give one up should we ever reach, or get close to, max ownership. Although I don't know where we stand currently, it has been mentioned that we have been close to the max before.

EDIT: One other point. If Steve does agree to give someone a second team, it should be one of the worst teams in the game like the ones where the previous owner dumped his whole roster. That way the health of the game would be improved.

Updated Monday, July 4 2016 @ 6:42:49 am PDT
Team Scandinavia

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I mailed Steve. I'll let y'all know the verdict when I hear back.
Team Scandinavia

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve is alright with it and he has given me releasing power for all the current players on the roster. I will start dropping the players soon and adding the Scandinavian guys.

Previous Page | Show All |