Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Most Exciting Upcoming Rookies   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm excited about 2 rookies with my team they are:
Hector Jackson
Marvin Spencer
Ok Spencer is not a rookie by jackson is
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Merola had some great games last season. Sure small sample size and all but in 33.6 IP he posted a .188 BAA.

Not a fan of his 16 arm, but I think he has potential to be an amazing MR.
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team is pretty good besides C
My best C is Chen and he is bad :|

Updated Friday, July 1 2016 @ 10:21:27 pm PDT

Updated Friday, July 1 2016 @ 10:21:50 pm PDT
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Woo got a great C named Mel
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a bunch of 26-yo guys needing playing time (which has been hard to come by), some of whom I inherited and some of whom I picked up over the two seasons I've been here. Some may be under-developed but now is the time to find out, and cross my fingers. The two that intrigue me most:-

OF/1B Bernie Moody - poor fielder so I don't want him at 1B but could be okay in LF, and his bat should play anywhere.

2B/OF Haruyasu Kokawa - my best waiver claim thus far (34 claims), not every day you can pick up a 15 POT. He's probably better in the OF as opposed to 2B, but 2B is where I'll need him.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not really a rookie, but he did spend part of the beginning and end of the last season in AAA. I'm looking forward to see what he can do with the stick, and he's still got room to grow.
http://brokenbat.org/player/129340
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Not a rookie either, but Raúl Peralta is entering his second with high expectations. At 25, he is also pitching on the Mexican national team.

I also have rookie OF Jeff Dolan coming up this year, but it'll be hard to give him any playing time, so I'm going to leave in AAA for part of this year.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
You've gotta love that build Mig! Even better that he's a 12 and not an 11 like Sam Conners for me. I think your guy could even play 1B if you wanted him to.

As for my guys, I'm probably going to bring up Oscar Guzman and give him a run at RPoY. I believe Guzman is ready and should have no issues with reaching his peak.

I have no other rookies on the roster though.
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have 0 rookies besides these good guys:
Hector Jackson
Fai Tam
Marvin Spencer (he's not a rookie he is old but good)
Corey Johnston
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
odd rookie era for the catfish. Already in the majors we have Jose Rosario. 14 Potential and 91 SI, but I am a little worried about the no report and 6 Hitting rating.

Next up is Jeff Davidson, not expected to see all that much time outside of spring, but I do like his potential.

Just let my former Cs Mario Ball and Ricardo Cardenal go. One was for Jesse O'Brien, a clear upgrade in the majors right now. The other reason is someone expected to be in the majors this season, Luis Orta.

Other hitting prospects expected to be in the majors this sesaon are Rich Peck and Grant Hawkins. I'm higher on Hawkins, and he fills a need, but I'm kinda loaded on 1B.

For Pitchers, it's just Oscar Estrada in the Majors. He doesn't have any glaring issues, so I have high hopes in his future.

Previous Page | Show All |