Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 4 HR in one Inning   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yesterday, in one of the league matches, I was 2-0 at the top of the 6th and then this happens:

Top 6th: Norshire City
Quintero flies out to right field.
Arevalo hits a home run.
Lin hits a double to left field.
French hits a home run. Lin comes into score.
Gallegos lines out to second base.
Ford hits a home run.
Bell comes into pitch.
Valadez hits a home run.
Lane flies out to left field.
Norshire City 5, Orlando 2

Four home runs in only 1 inning! Seriously!? Not to mention those were the only home runs Norshire scored in that game.

Obviously I was a bit pissed because this happened against my team, but now that the heat of the moment has passed, I have to wonder, is this some kind of bug?

I guess theoretically anything can happen in a match, but how believable is this inning?
In real baseball how often does this kind of thing happen? Has anyone ever watched a real ball game where 4 home runs occurred in only 1 inning?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like the RL record is five in an inning: baseball almanac

Anyway, I will check into the code and see if there are any bugs that I can see.

Your ballpark isn't the biggest, so perhaps that contributed to the onslaught.

Steve
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hey mig wanna look at this game?
no HR scored by my team but result is damm unusual in real life :D

yours look quite better and i remember a game last season or the season before where the yankees scored 5-6 HR in 2 innings
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
5-6 HR in 2 innings is too much! I can see why so many people hate the yankees, hehe!

About that game, yeah, it looks kinda weird, 7 runs in the 8th and then 13(!) in the 9th, but at least you were having all sorts of hits, walks, etc. Except for the numbers, it didn't look odd.

That GB setup guy blew it and he wasn't that bad pitcher. Now the closer, he was too weak, in my opinion, but then again, the game was already lost when he came in.

@Steve
Yeah, my ballpark isn't too big, but it's the same size for both teams. ;)
My team even scored a couple HR in that same game.

Anyway, at least those Norhshire bastards didn't beat that 5 HR in one inning record. I take some confort from that, hehe.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i believe i've seen highlights from a game where 3 consecutive batters hit home runs...

i think this was just a situation where anything can happen...some of the best hitters get blown away sometimes...it just happens...the beauty of sports is that you don't know what will happen until the game is played...

i know how this can be frustrating...all you can do is build the best team you can...and when you get blown out like that...it seems like you're helpless and all the building is for nothing...but it's more about percentages...you build the great teams to win 70% or so of the games..they can't win em all
Utah Dodgers

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yes i have seen a MLB game where 3 consecutive batters went yard and i know it has happened a few times. And i could be wrong but i thought that last season some team had 4 homeruns in one inning...
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@U D
yeah back2back2back2back HRs: last time: 08-11-2010 D'Backs @ Brewers(Dave Bush)
and also 2006(Dodgers),2007(Red Sox),2008(White Sox)
Achates1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I remember watching my Padres playing versus the Dodgers a few years back (2006). They hit four consecutive home runs in the 9th to tie the game. What was crazier was two of those home runs came off Trevor Hoffman.

Previous Page | Show All |