Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Lucky Player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Who is your guy that has been extremely lucky this season, either good or bad?

Mine is my second best starting pitcher, Cannon. Here are his numbers with the team's stats in parenthesis.

ERA 3.67 (3.99)
BAA .233 (.251)
WHIP 1.277 (1.341)

As a team, we're 12 games over .500. Inexplicably, Cannon is 6-12. He seems to never get any support.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Watson used to be in league's top 5 in ERA (now 6th) and hold a record of around 3-9. His run support was lower than 3 at this time. Now he made a climb back to 10-11 with run support at almost 5 (still lowest in the team) ;) Nowhere close to my two guys that have a bit better ERA and sit at 19-8 and 17-3.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had some doozies in recent seasons. Anderson went from Mendoza-line scrub to winning a Legends batting title back to Mendoza-line scrub. Dawson got to Legends and inexplicably pitched his first season there more than a run under his career ERA. Won a Cy Young award. Been a .500 pitcher since.

Best I've got this season is Rosado. He's 4-10 (all my other starters are .500 or better) despite having the best starter ERA and the second best run support.

It's hard to say he's unlucky - he pitches to the scoreboard. If we score 2 for him he gives up 3. If we score 4 for him he gives up 5. He usually does this in the 7th or 8th.

Recently we pounded out a bunch of runs for him in the first 4 innings. Rosado went into the 5th up 8-0. Thought surely ... surely he can get a win this time. Nope. Triggered his extremely generous hook (think it is the only time he's been yanked all season) and didn't make it out of the 5th. *shrug*

Updated Wednesday, June 15 2016 @ 7:17:58 am PDT
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Mine is a little different. My ss/2b Nolan lane who is supposed to be outstanding in the field had 30 errors last season and has 22 this season. Gonna have to make him take a 1000 grounder a a day this off season

Previous Page | Show All |