Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Leave of Absence   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The last two weeks, there are no moves to be made (waivers and free agency are closed and the drafts are less important), and because you should already know where you want people in the lineup. The only downside will be if there are injuries, or making sure your lefty starting pitcher does not face that team that clobbers southpaws. Those would be disadvantages at any point though.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Just spit balling here...

I think I would like to be around for the 1st draft and the first 3-4 days of waiver claims, then leave just before or at the start of spring training. Set lineups and staffs to operate without constant maintenance. You'd miss the start of the season and part of the cup group stage but on your return you'd be able to get a pretty good read on your team and make any needed adjustments then. For me, the start of the season lineups are just best guesses anyway. I typically have to tweak things after I see my current group in competition.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I missed the start of this season by being away the exact weekend it turned over, it was a pain.

I'd gladly miss 17 days of series I lost, if I don't have to take them all together. ;)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
How do we make this better?

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
One thing you could try is letting people put in for waivers after the waiver wire closes. Turn them all into waivers right away and just make them exist on the list for like 100 days+ (or whatever would make them execute at the current normal date). Then at least people could plan out some waivers if they were going to miss the start of the season. The waivers would still get executed at the same time, and you wouldn't be adding players with FA closed. Just planning based on the guys that are going to be available at the start of the year.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree with Rock. That's really the only thing that could reasonably be done, I think.
Releasing players after the end of the season might be another thing, but that's already pretty complex in the user interface and might confuse new players. That would also mean you'd have to start the season with open positions in the lineup and trust the machine to get the lineup right. It would open the door for auto-callups when a young player is ready, though...
Frankly, I think none of this is realistic. I had the same problem before my first season in legends. It's unpleasant, but I'd say one has to live with it. Happens in all other online games, too.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with both comments above. I like the idea of late season guys automatically rolling into the waiver pool. When September hits, could all players generate their claim date right away? Since it's a game date, not a real world date, it seems like that could be possible.

In most things, we just should be out of luck when we're gone. The only other thing I can think of is to have an option to use an auto draft if there is roster space. A team could select ahead of time what pool they want and the AI will pull one for them. There wouldn't be a group of ten; it just grabs one like it does for the bots. Granted, the pick would probably suck, but at least it would be something.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't dislike Mike's addition, but I wonder what would happen if an owner with terrible draft luck *cough*Rock*cough* got there best draft choice ever when the bot was selecting for them due to a leave of absence.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe add something like "Targets" to the free agent page that would allow owners to pre-load 10-20 free agents after Sept. 1 that would automatically receive claims even if the owner didn't log in during that first wave of waivers?

I don't think that would be an unfair advantage of any kind as owners who do log in during that time can fine tune their waivers when they see how the claim dates shake out. Pre-loaded targets would clump up and you'd likely miss a few guys, but it's better than having no options.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

but I wonder what would happen if an owner with terrible draft luck *cough*Rock*cough* got there best draft choice ever when the bot was selecting for them due to a leave of absence.

Then I would permanently turn over all draft responsibilities to the wiser decision maker ;)

Previous Page | Show All |