Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> End of year rookie promotion question.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Razzle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If players earn "training" points in minors and "experience" points in majors, and both categories have set amounts that are capped by player, wouldn't it be better to leave players in the minors and not bring them up late in the season to make sure they max out before receiving the "learned all he can" message. Seems like bringing them up could cheat them out of some training points causing them to fall short of their max potential.

I have had players with the " learned all he can" message still earn training points in minors.

Just curious to what everyone thinks... And I'd I'm just overthinking!!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes. It really depends. If the guy is developing really well, and you don't see any issues, then it probably doesn't hurt to get him some early experience. But if a guy is a little behind the curve, then you want to do just as you said. In general I'd only consider bringing up guys in AAA who have healthy development.

I actually have a bunch of 25 year old projects in my AAA right now. I'm trying to get them as much training as possible. So I'm definitely not bringing any of those guys up.
Razzle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the input Rock. That is exactly what I was thinking!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just to clarify, I would bring up Carraro. They do still gain some training in the majors. When they get the "have learned all he can at this level of competition", at the AAA level its a hint from the AI that the guy will be able to get all the remaining training that he needs while he is up on the major roster. So definitely promote Carraro.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Luque got the thumbs up for the majors around the halfway mark. I've left him down. My experience with 60-something SI pitchers is less than fully positive. :). He's progressed fairly well at AAA anyway.

I've thought about bringing him up to end the season. It would likely benefit him even if he doesn't play much. But then I'd have to pay him more money for a couple of weeks. Forget that idea.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It's not so black and white. At AAA, you'll get a little bit of experience and in the big leagues you'll get a little bit of training. So when the best time to promote isn't an exact point.

If you promote a little too early, you player will eventually max out his training. And if you promote a little too late, your prospect will still be getting a little experience while he's in the minors.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |