Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's a good point. One more reason its still good to show potential.

And then the "overall potential" is essentially an even less accurate view of the guys potential before you get him on your team.

I usually only get 1 guy in the draft each year. It hasn't hurt my team's performance.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Also, remember that you don’t have to make a pick every round. If you think the players are a waste in rounds #6 through #10, then just keep the prospects you already have and don’t both picking those 11-potential prospects.

I really like this added level of strategy. I had to consider hard and long before cutting a guy to make the #8 draft pick (which turned out to be a bad decision of course). There are still sleepers to be had, but is the reward worth the cost of dropping a guy? A nice game choice.
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm new
Is there any advantage to when you make your pick?
ex:certain time of day or certain day of the week.
Or are things equal for everyone and it doesn't matter when you do your pick?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You gain a slight advantage by drafting as soon as possible for each round. If you're in the US, it happens early on Friday mornings.
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks MukilteoMike,
if you or anyone who has a little time could private message me a general strategy for drafting and/or rebuilding an old but rich team i'd really appreciate it.
This is my kind of game, so i'm sure i'll be here for the long haul
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
You gain a slight advantage by drafting as soon as possible for each round. If you're in the US, it happens early on Friday mornings.

In very rare cases, there is a theoretical advantage to drafting ASAP. But the advantage is extremely small.

Steve
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Steve, I guess i don't have to stay up all night to do my pick, eh? (can you guess where i'm from...lol)
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
For a little perspective that I think might be partially apropos to this thread, they're saying for this year's MLB draft there's no clear cut choice for first round pick. So if, say, NYY had had first overall, they'd have probably made a different choice than the Phillies actually did. We get that level of uncertainty, IMHO, every week.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
As the guy who started this thread, I feel compelled to come back and eat some deliciously prepared crow. #1 I know somewhere I said I was done drafting. I had filled my roster prior to the waiver freeze. But I dumped one of those guys so I did draft. B. I drafted a 14 'good' potential for draft week 10 today. #3 I guess it's more possible than I thought. #4. My apologies. I was wrong. Or I'm the exception.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice sleeper!

Its valuable to call those out, so that people realize there are sleepers who can filter all the way down to 10. Its still a strategic decision if you really want to draft all the way to 10, but its good to see there is potential still left. I picked up a POT 12, but he was actually one of the best picks this whole year for me (I didn't get any players higher than POT 12).

Previous Page | Show All |