Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Who is your bogey team/nemesis?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Do you have an opponent that drives you mad? That you can't seem to catch a break against, for whatever reason? Not just a game here or there, more like complete series.

For me that team is Rocklin.

We were both in V.7 last season. In inter-division play they swept me 5-0 first time up, then won my home series 3-2 with an extra-innings win in game 5. They also beat me for the V.7 Championship by 4 games to 2.

This season our first series started with near identical 0-4 losses, when we had a total of 6 hits (see the Venting thread for our extended frustrations). Came back to win games 3 & 4 easily, only to blow a 4-3 lead in the top of the 9th in game five by giving up a 3-run HR to lose the series 2-3.

So, not one series win in four attempts. And all this against a team that is basically a bot - on its FIFTH owner in just over a year, no draft picks or transactions even of any kind (bar one drop) in all that time, with some decent bats but average pitching.

I hate those guys.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm sure Freddy will have a chuckle, but College Station Athletics - I think I've taken one series off them over a number of seasons, I've tried everything - food poisoning, replacing their bats, replacing umpires with blind spectators, none of it matters!
Shyfire

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think that team for me is the Newton Yankees. Faced them in the 2024 VI.12 championship, they had a record about 15 games better than our own but we swept them in 4 to claim the title. Two years later we are going at it for the VI.11 championship with the regular season roles reversed. They won in 5 games. I'm sure as the years go on and as both Newton and Henderson bounce between LL 6 and 5 more games will be played between us :)
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@JJNZ lol..that's because half your roster was always injured!
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For a very long time, it was the Seattle Raiders/Wolverines. Recently it became the other Catfish, of Sioux City, once Seattle passed me by.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Fr*@!%$g Rocklin again. :(

Me: 11 hits (3 double, 2 HR), 4 BB. 4 runs scored.
Rocklin: 9 hits (2 doubles), 2 BB. 6 runs scored.

Go figure.

Top of the 6th, game tied 2-2, Lancers have the bases loaded with no outs. On consecutive plays, Rocklin's 6 Arm 2B throws a runner out at the plate - granted he's 19 FD, 18 RNG, but I thought my 18 SPD CF might have made it in, and when he didn't there was no way my 12 SPD 2B was making it on the second play.

Still led 3-2 after the top of the 7th, but Rocklin (as usual) put one of their walks and five of their hits together in the bottom half and scored 4 runs. Both my homers were solo shots, 1st and 9th inning. Did everything but win the game, but this is the usual result against this opponent.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha.

Dinos have lots of rivals (Athens, State College, Manhattan, Lansing, Vero Beach, Avondale/Yuma/Chandler), but those series tend to go back and forth.

Our nemesis team is Bennington/West Orange.

2018 was my first full season, and the Dinos played in IV.6. We had a 100 loss season, in no small part due to regular thrashing by Bennington.

That season was back and forth between Bennington and Clarksville for the top spot all the way. Last run thru the division Dinos were swept by Clarksville, and then swept Bennington. A small bit of solace playing kingmaker.

In 2022 we met Bennington again in III.3. I viewed them as the pre-season favourite, but they got off to a horrible start. Everyone was taking games off them. Except the Dinos. Roy Fry owned us so bad. And Dean Sloan, who was terrible against everyone else, was Gary Carter whenever he played the Dinos. Dinos did win the division, but only because everyone else kept the Bears in check.

Two seasons back we drew the Bears in the cup. I was excited. Pay back time. Nope. 2 straight for the Bears. If something was on the line, I'd rather play any other team but the Bears.

amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
And it happened again.

2-1 up in the series (which could have been 3-0), excellent chance for my first series win against Rocklin.

Hits in the first three games: 11, 11, 15.
Hits in the last two games: 3, 7. YEESH. Lost 1-2 (to a 4.61 ERA guy) and 1-5.

I will have my revenge, in this life or (more likely) the next. :(

Previous Page | Show All |