Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Hidden Gems?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Since my draft has been less than exceptional, my team is living off the waiver wire for young talent this year. All of which I see having a decent contribution to my team's future.

S= Potential Starter
BU= Potential Back-up
BP= Potential Bullpen

(BP)Eric Long
(S)Logan Key
(BU)Brock Capelli
(BU)Rex Fontana
(BU)Vincent Eaton
(S)Matt Harp
(BU)Monte McAdams
(BP)Dante Armstrong
(BU)J.T Dougherty
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Some good FA pickups this last week or so:-

P Jorge Casas
P Josh Tanner
P Scott Grace
P Ted Hoffman

And really pleased to find this guy:-

1B Stanley Barrett
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I went to the free agent market after totally whiffing on the good waivers in the off season. Mine look a lot like amalric's:

P Brendan Starr

P Sam Hitchcock

P Dan Allen

Updated Friday, May 20 2016 @ 9:54:33 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I picked up a bunch of underdeveloped guys to experiment with:

1B/C Francisco Quintero 25
1B/DH Ariel Rangel 25
2B/3B Bo Kyung Jeon 25
3B/OF Louis Roberson 25
P Martín Cortés 25
C/(of) Henry Barrett 24
C/2B Jesper Wahlberg 24 (would have made a nice 3B :(
(OF)/3B José Luis Villa 22

Updated Friday, May 20 2016 @ 11:09:00 am PDT
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Amalric, I hope Tanner works out for you, it's always nice to see my guys benefit others after they leave my team, unless they end up facing you of course

@newt, what's the appeal of Allen if you don't mind me asking? When I glanced at your farm system, he sort of sticks out like a sore thumb in my opinion
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@5L1NK, I am much higher on the build that he will become than most other veteran owners. He has low defensive skills and no velocity, stamina, or movement message which will mean he will have AT LEAST 17 CoS and control with 12 potential. I had a pitcher that dominated LL V and IV with that build, and no one likes them so there are a ton of them in free agency. I like having a mix of skills on my pitching staff, I have guys who specialize in velocity, others that are strong in movement, and that guy will be very strong in CoS.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@5L1NK - Thanks. Tanner's unhittable fastball and good potential stood out, even with his low SI and a higher Range/Arm than I would like for a 12 pot. Plus he was better than what I had, but we'll see how he pans out - not like I'm drafting anyone better this year.

Part of the reason I signed a bunch of guys in the last 1-2 weeks was that I checked what @newtman had been doing with his roster, and then took a similar outlook :) Honestly I've followed a lot of what the vets (who post a lot) have done, and learn from that - its not rocket science. Then I just go with my own plans and thoughts. I didn't get where newtman was coming from with Allen until he posted, but I get it now.

Another reason I signed all those guys was I had a fair few pitchers with positive scouting reports with the exception of control, and those were all below average. Control on its own isn't that effective, but anything without control is flat-out terrible. So I scoured the market and found much better replacements, though some of them are dart throws.

@Rock - If I want to see where the waiver claims I haven't won have gone, I now know I just need to check your transactions page. ;) I was in on a few of those guys. I also actually have two guys on my roster that you claimed and then released - Carson Norton and Charley Sheppard.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At some point in the game, you reach a point where you feel bad about every guy you release.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep my #1 draft pick, or draft a new player this week...
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock I know the feeling. I feel bad about releasing guys, which leads to inefficient decision making. It took me a while to release Wally Bates, even though it was clear that he wouldn't be effective for a large of innings at higher levels.
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I was lucky to pick up Larry before the season started. He was a major ready P and I needed a young pitcher. I'm also experimenting with two underdeveloped minors. Hope they pan out.

2B Javier Gracia 31

SS Lester Arnold 32

2B Isao Kawamura 24

P Szymon Wojciechowski 23

P Larry Davis 24

P Rickey Webb 31

Updated Saturday, May 21 2016 @ 3:27:13 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |