Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> opinion and suggestion   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
i am thinking,based on my roster and the ages of my minor leaguers,that i should start drafting college players. opinions and suggestions greatly appreciated

Updated Thursday, May 5 2016 @ 1:53:48 pm PDT
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in a similar situation with my minor league system. I see your thought process of going with a few older players that are closer to the majors and it makes sense. I think if you/me continue pulling the younger guys we will have to weed out some rookie league prospects to keep some sort of balance. I think either approach is acceptable but in a couple seasons we may be forced to sign free agents to bridge the gap until the rookie league guys are ready.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Try the Asian pool. I, and many others, have drafted players since last season that are already on the big league roster. This is the guy I drafted; he just threw an absolute gem and has an ERA just above 2.00 -- and I drafted him in the fourth round last season. So, in just under one season, he has pitched in 69 league innings with an ERA of 3.13. Yes, this is in Division V, but nonetheless his numbers are still impressive.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I had 2 rookie level guys earn promotion to A ball this week. I have that similar logjam but I think it will work itself out a bit over time and when I need to thin the roster a bit I can make some more informed choices. I did go any player this week but the most promising one was an 18 year old who is in rookie ball.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
If you want more players closer to the majors, then yes college is an excellent choice.

You could also gamble and go Latin or Asian, but be warned the ages can go from 16-25.

Previous Page | Show All |