Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> TOO MANY HITTERS!!!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
el_jefe_loco

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Indeed a nice problem to have!

White is obviously staying, he's an All-Star 1B.

Richardson, Fisher, and Gutierrez are the three guys that have the range to play the OF, and your choice of who to drop comes down to preference. Richardson has the most complete profile but least power; Fisher the best bat/power combo but the most development needed; Gutierrez is solid. Each would be coveted by a lot of managers should you release them.

The last two guys Bauta and Gillespi are 1B/DH only so probably don't need both. I'd keep Gillespi - Bauta doesn't have much power, wasted SI on a strong arm, and not really an option at 1B with the poor fielding scouting.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure I'd entirely trust Gillespi's fielding for 1b. Backup, maybe, but I'd probably DH him if he were on my roster.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Gutierrez has a lot of wasted fielding, and is a little bit weaker than the others. But he is a 13 POT, and he has nice range. A good OF (which you need 3), and his BC looks decent. The power is a knock, but he is probably still worth keeping.

Gillespie's fielding is fine for 1B. It looks like his PD is going to be poor. Personally, I'm ok with having a couple low PD sluggers on the team (the SI has to come from somewhere). I'd keep him.

Fischer has a weak arm, but probably still ok for LF. One concern with Fisher is that he is a bit underdeveloped. Its hard to project where he will end up, but he looks like he will turn out pretty good.

Richardson has a lot of wasted SI in fielding, lower power, and is a little behind in development. However, he is also a POT 14 and his BC seem to be growing very well. I think he is a keeper.

Hard to tell where White's PD will end up, but his Hitting, Power, and BC are all going to be incredible. Definitely train for 1B. Only useful as an emergency replacement in the OF. As a POT 15, I think he is pretty much a sure thing.

I think Bauta could be serviceable in LF, but he is going to have bad BC. That loses a lot of points in my book. Bauta would probably be my first choice to cut.

If I had to pick a second guy after Bauta, I'd probably go with Fischer just because he is underdeveloped and the biggest mystery. I do think he could be a good player though, and he is the only guy I would consider being a passable CF out of all of these guys.

Also, given its more valuable to have lefty hitters, I might consider dropping one of your right handed 1B/OF prospects first.

Updated Thursday, April 14 2016 @ 1:51:51 pm PDT
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I stand corrected. I think I was thinking 2b. Or could be I wasn't thinking. I should have probably figured that out - I just got finished shuffling someone off 1b because his entire skillset would be wasted.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Rock 100%. Bauta should be the first to go then Fischer.

Updated Thursday, April 14 2016 @ 3:05:43 pm PDT
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
But my next problem is that those are not the only guys I have in my system that can play outfield. I guess I could platoon and play all the lefty outfielders only against RHPs and vice versa, but let's be honest, its going to be impossible to keep White and Estevez and Stratton out of lineup.

This is not to mention my current outfield, which is also very solid. In 3 seasons when some of these players start getting the call, Villa (CF) will be 29, Waters will be 30, McDowell will be 29, and Berra will be 28. I think my prospects will become overall better players, but it will be hard to give them at bats because this core group will be more than competitive for a while.

Note to self -- Only draft pitchers this season

Updated Thursday, April 14 2016 @ 3:04:36 pm PDT

Updated Tuesday, April 19 2016 @ 4:47:16 am PDT
el_jefe_loco

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If I counted correctly, you have 12 position players in your minor league system between the age of 19-22... there's just no way to get them ALL into a major league lineup without replacing virtually your whole ML roster.

Again, nice problem to have :-) and at least you have some time to figure it out... you can wait to see how each player develops and promote only the guys that are ready to make an impact
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, this is getting absolutely ridiculous. I had garbage pitchers this week, and there were two reasonable hitters to choose from. I chose the one with very good potential, but poor fielding. I should have known better and taken the guy with outstanding fielding. My stupidity has now added to my DH problem. I know have seven not only serviceable DHs, but very good DHs that many teams would be very happy to have. I just drafted another lefty stud DH. ANOTHER ONE Here he is.

Now, I'm not complaining too much because if this guy gains 10 points in each of the next two seasons, he will probably be the cream of the crop of my unreal DH class. But seriously? This is where trading would be extremely nice. I could easily trade 3 of these DHs for a solid 13 POT pitcher or two which my minors system desperately needs. Since I drafted Sanchez, my pitching draft picks have been absolute garbage except for Kim. This is mostly my fault though for drafting about 2 pitchers a season for the past three seasons. Oh well, live and learn. But we better be scoring eight runs a game in the future to win games. :)

Note to self: Draft only pitchers this season no matter how bad they look. Don't take very good potential hitters! :)

Updated Friday, April 22 2016 @ 7:20:18 am PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you have a DH surplus, one of them could play LF or 1B, as you don't need too much defence for these positions. You could even adjust your ballpark (shorten the left field) to cover for lack of defense there :)
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha, I already plan on doing that. I figure I can have a maximum of five left handed hitters in the lineup on a given day (3 outfield, 1 1B, 1 DH). But I have so many excellent outfielders that I may end up platooning for all three outfield spots and try to give them equal at bats for the season. (I'll still have Villa, Waters, Berra, McDowell, and Estevez who are more than deserving of playing time in the outfield.) Idk, I'll figure it out at some point lol

Previous Page | Show All |