Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2026 draft survey   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Drafted Vascotto my first week here (week 8). Still trying to figure out where best to fit him, which I'll probably have a better idea on when I've plugged the rest of my gaping holes. My other two picks weren't so lucky (9, 10). Still, for a newbie, 1 out of 3 ain't bad.
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
@Quanin, personally i would drop vascatto too, a 12 POT with no hitting note isn't worth keeping in my opinion.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
A righty throwing decent slugger with a 19 arm, he'd make a decent back-up catcher.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Given he also has good fielding, he would probably make a better 3B. But 3B/C would be a nice build for him. Of course he isn't going to be the best batter...
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Getting a little tight at 3B in my minors... would it result in bad things to see where the AI puts him?
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Tight? How? You have Evans who is okay, Frazier should be cut, so move Vascutto to 3B/C and you might be on to something.

Updated Thursday, April 7 2016 @ 4:50:05 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Mendoza could make a good 3B/C as well. But he is going to be recommended for promotion at 21/22, so probably not worth starting somewhere new. Lawrence should definitely be retrained to 2B. Vásquez should definitely not be SS/2B. Gómes would probably be decent at 3B. I can see you do have a couple guys down there who are good for 3B, but like amalric7 said, a few of those guys aren't really that great.

If you think C is going to be a bigger need then 3B, then certainly train him there first. 19 arm is great for a catcher even if the fielding is wasted. But I defiantly wouldn't leave it up to the AI. Its best to have a plan where you want everyone to play.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You do have a lot of guys with good fielding and Arm, but little range. Those guys have limited usability. They can play C, 1B, and 3B pretty well, but the Fielding is wasted at C and the overall defense is wasted at 1B. You can also use them in the corner OF positions if you like (defensively Vascotto would be fine in RF), but again the fielding is a wasted. Which means you usually want to use a guy with that defensive profile at 3B. I'd probably cut a few of the less promising guys (Frazier) and look for some guys with good Range to replace them in the coming season after the waiver market opens back up.

EDIT: BTW, the changes in the Draft have made it a bit more realistic and distributes players better. you did fine for 8,9,10. Expect 1,2,3 to be really good players who you will definitely want to keep.

Updated Thursday, April 7 2016 @ 5:48:49 pm PDT
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks to pointers thrown at me in another thread, I now have a couple soon to be 3b. Including my week 8 draft pick. Awesome.

Updated Friday, April 8 2016 @ 8:24:01 pm PDT
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Got to say, fairly impressed with my haul this year. 10x better than the scums I received last year. With the expansion of options Bay City's draft will get better over time in the first few rounds. This year I got keepers from rounds 1,2,3, and 8 (pretty nice for a late rounder). I got a nice future hitting machine, a rotation/possibly bullpen P and a starting P. Great haul.

Next year's draft will always fair the same for Bay City: Best Player Available unless it's a can't miss P prospect. Still looking for that bonafide superstar P with 15+ POT.

Previous Page | Show All |