Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Relegation   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there any way of knowing which league between the corresponding two in the direct lower level a team will go? It would be nice to know in order to scout the team in advance.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think there is any way to know ahead.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The two down arrows in the league links point to the league which your current league relegates too. You will be assigned into one of those two leagues (in the East or West division depending on what you are now).

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There are only two teams that could drop into your league, if you want to get a head start, scout them both. It really doesn't help that much scouting before the season is even over, the main focus should be scouting who you want to put waiver claims on when the new season flips. If you scout now, they could flip half their roster in the off-season and you would be left having wasted your time making a useless scouting report.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok. Just wondered. I already figured a lot of what you said. I just wondered since some teams consistently drop to one yet others drop to either one or the other.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I've noticed that as well, I think it is simply small sample size when looking at a couple of teams. The game has only been going for 26 seasons, which means that the maximum anyone could have promoted/demoted was 25 times. It is likely the most anyone actually has is around 15 times given that half the league either demotes or promotes any given season between LL II and V and only one sixth of LL VI and one third of Legends change league levels any given season. The chances of someone demoting into a different league than where they came up from is 50%, and if you flip a coin enough times it is not unheard of to get 15 straight heads or tails.

Edit: Also it should be kept in mind that if you start in LL VI and are in any of leagues VI.1-16 the only way for you to get into VI.17-32 is to promote all the way to Legends first, because the promotional structure is fixed (i.e. VI.1 always promotes to V.1, VI.14 always promotes to V.7, etc.) if that makes sense.

Updated Friday, April 1 2016 @ 5:03:02 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
NM. Just disproved my theory.

Updated Friday, April 1 2016 @ 5:21:48 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |