Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> My player gained Potential. Does this happen often?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
McKenzie this past training session gained 2 SI, and it bumped up his potential to 15. I was quite surprised, I thought he maxed out at 119 because he hadn't gained anything in the past few weeks.

Is this a rare occurance? Never seen this before.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It's fairly rare, but not uncommon. If that makes sense. :)

Jury is out as to whether this is some sort of rounding thing (players that add a pot bar typically only go 1-2 SI into the next range), or if it is designed uncertainty in player potential.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think its the rounding error. For a normal player when they get old and start to decline, their POT stays the same even after they drop below the SI for that POT range. But for a player who gains POT from exceeding the SI range by a point or two, they then lose that POT once they drop back down. So that indicates that they never really had that POT in the first place.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is possible to go more than 1 or 2 over. Sierra almost maxed out his gained potential bar, but he was a "very good" 12, so he might be an outlier of this outlier group.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Are you positive he was a POT 12? I've never seen another player like that...
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am indeed. If you felt like digging through the forum you could find me talking about him gaining potential when it happened.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You mean this thread... Where you said he was a 13 POT prospect... :)
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for the answers, is it possible for the scouting report to be wrong on potential out of curiosity?
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@AD24 Yes, there can be some differences in the scouting report.

From the game manual:

Scouted Skill Values vs. Real Skill Values

So are there skill values displayed for each player accurate? Just as in real baseball, where there is some uncertainty about a player's talent level, in Broken Bat there is also built-in uncertainty in displayed skill levels. The visible skill values for each player are an approximation of his current actual skill level and may deviate by up to 20% from it true value for some skills. Additionally, just like in real baseball, as a player plays more games, his displayed skill value will approach his true current skill level. Note, this may result in a player's displayed skill level actually dropping, even though he is receiving regular training and playing time. His skill value is not actually dropping, but because his actual skill level is better known now, a more accurate and lower value is now displayed.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
But if you are asking if its possible that the guy should really have 8 more SI, I've never seen the SI move more than 1 or 2 points past the original POT.

Previous Page | Show All |