Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Free Agents   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Thuetli

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At the end I think there’s too less money left, when we always have to pay signing fees for free agents. So there should be a balance in the economical system, but with the new mentioned system there would be an everlasting deflation.

Of course there are only two system of playing simulation games: buy or train. That’s what I said before.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
we never said something about a signing bonus for normal free agents but for players on the waivers. (first manager could bid 0$ and then in 100k/250k steps)
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The way I see it the free agent pool is nothing but leftovers from waivers.

The best and fastest way to improve your team is by signing players coming off waivers. That's why I 100% support the original poster. I consider this to be a key aspect of the game and I would like to see a system where you could submit a claim to a player on waivers. If giving that player to the team that has the turn to sign him is hard to implement, assigning that player to a random team seems to me the next best thing.

About the auction idea, I'm not a fan of it, to be honest. I think it still keeps a big lurker advantage. My experience on games with auctions is that the one that will get the player is the one who will log 1 minute before the auction ends and outbids the highest offer. In other games where the end time of the auction is pushed forward if people outbid in the last minute, there is a bidding war until all but one give up on the player.

Both auction systems benefit the lurker, because he can log at any given time to place a bid or join the bid war. The casual player can't do that.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
then we need a auction system like ebay
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
didn't get brett, but at least I got a consolation prize in a very defensive SS in that Japanese dude......oh well can't have offense every day.

But still, I think an auction system would benefit everyone, since it gives everyone (even the people who log in once a day) a chance to get a good player. It may also gie advantage to the rich teams too.......but still I think auctions would be a step in the right direction.
siches

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A trade system would be good. If everyone wants the same player, it shouldn't be 1st come 1st serve. Plus, some people wake up eariler because of timezones (i live in ontario, so i wake up later). bidding gives everyone a chance to attempt t get the player they desire, so i think a bidding system should be put in the game.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the waiver claim system...like the North American draft system...is not rewarding teams for being bad...it's a balancing system...it's not rewarding teams for being bad...it's giving them a chance to get better and turn it around...
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Install 'season long' contracts guaranteeing a signed free agent to get his salary even if he is released. If the player is picked up, the contract is transferred to the new team.

This would address the paranoia surrounding lurkers and talent stacking, and addresses the waiver situation by removing the need for waivers.

It would create a natural off season free agency period where it would make more sense to release players during this time.

So, the question arises; what if someone releases a stud 2 weeks or a day before the playoffs? A check for that is already in place. I just don't remember if free agent signing is disabled at the start of september or after september, but i think it should be september 1.

I also believe in the 25 man roster, but it's compensated with the 30 man roster not being able to expand to 40, which is understandable, but 25 would change the dynamics of roster selection and free agent talent pool in a positive way. 9 pinch hitters doesn't make sense.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@tc_ferdzz

yeah it helps to balance small market teams as they have naturally a lower fanbase and attandance but it also benefits teams who play bad with purpose to lurk some good draft picks and rebuild their team with low salary/high performance minors.

as you might know in the rest of the world teams who do not want to win would demote to a lower tier and might be forgot forever.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
this is true...

some teams do get accused of choking for better draft picks...but i don't always believe that to be the case...in real life...players have their pride...and i think that's something you're giving away if you are losing on purpose...when i play hockey...i play right to the last second...and i just play rec league...where sometimes we're losing 10-1 with 5 minutes to go...but i still give it my all until that final buzzer goes...and i think most professional sports players feel the same...

as in this game...i can see how it would be easier for one to think to just scrub this season to get a good draft...or...if this waiver claim idea was to be implemented...scrub a few seasons to always have the advantage in signing free agents and then pow...when they decide to try...they're a much better team...but i know that me personally...i always want to win...want to improve my team...there's 2 reasons i don't just go on a free agent frenzy to do this...

1...as stated before...i want to build a strong foundation for my team...you do that by getting high potential youngsters...and once that foundation is built...you usually don't have to sign free agents as long as you keep drafting well...cause your high potential youngsters grow into your core and superstars...and when they get old and their skills decline or they retire...you have the next generation of high potential youngsters to take their place...

2...i have been losing money steadily since the economy became a factor...not tons...but enough...so going out and buying that high priced superstar isn't' really the smartest thing i could do...

but...in the end...always want to improve my team...right now my team rating usually floats just above or just below 70...and my fan mood around 100...that's a milestone...i hate when it dips under that...my goal is to now reach 75 and 110...after that...80 and 120...etc etc

Previous Page | Show All |