Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Peter Pan Syndrome   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm losing my patience with these two prospects. Both say ETA 2026( I understand the importance of the word estimated, but it has me like).

Stein
The only prospect the bot drafted that i still kept, Guys been chillin in AA for 2 years now and his ETA has been 2024, then 2025, now 2026. I know he's not ready cause his BC & PD are still too low. Every friday I look at his progress and I die a little inside.

Carney
First guy I ever drafted here. Seeing as I have a young 15 POT catcher in the majors, the guy will likely play second fiddle for a while. Maybe that's why he doesn't want to come up. He's got the attributes to be a welcome addition and if you look at my current backup C, I could use a change. He's been an ETA 2026 since last season and week after week the guy has me going

Anyone else have guys in arrested development? Misery loves company :)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't put too much weight on the ETAs. They're mostly for fun/very rough estimates.
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
@Haselrig

Agreed. I admittedly put too much faith in the ETA. My point is: Estimate is too strong of a word in my opinion, shot in the dark is more accurate.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
ETA is not reliable.

Anyway they are both good player if you have patience with them.

Stein can become a great 3B, he'll probably will be promoted in AAA before the end of the year. I'd leave him in the minors for the whole next season and start him in 2028 or he won't reach his cap.

Carney will be promoted next year and if he play him enough he'll reach his cap. His skillset is good for a 2B more than C, but i think it's too late to change his position.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree with Favuz, Carney's arm is too weak for catcher in my book, and the range and fielding are wasted. That said, you've waited close to if not too long to re-train him so you'll just have to hope that you don't lose too many games due to a shoddy ability to keep runners from stealing.

Stein will be fine, you'll promote him next season and he will be one of those late guys to his cap (around 28 or 29).

Updated Friday, March 11 2016 @ 6:12:54 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |