Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Home team advantage?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Tough call. By season-long ERA/WHIP mine were better, but those are different divisions so....

I'm blaming home field (dis)advantage :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Wow...that's pretty strange. Away team winning all the playoff games!

Steve
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually it was home team winning every game.

It was a disadvantage to me personally because I got the away schedule despite having the better regular season record.

(just bantering, as you said it shouldn't matter in the code...)
jjipson

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well don't worry in the MLB the team with the best record doesn't get home field advantage in the playoffs either. It is determined by the winner of the All-star game.
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In my frustration at 0-2 in the playoffs, I would like to suggest again a home field advantage for the team with the better record.

Maybe my guys are cursed, but its now 3 years in a row I seem to consistently lose the away games in the playoffs despite being the better team over the course of the season.

I've managed to lose the last 2 playoffs 3-4 and am now down 0-2 in this one after yet again earning the "away" bad luck.

Any chance of tying this to the best record?

Here's hoping next year goes my way :lol:

Updated Tuesday, April 16 2013 @ 3:21:18 pm PDT
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i don't know if this system is present in this game (i imagine it is)...but in baseball...home field goes to whichever conference won the all-star game
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here it currently arbitrarily switches between East and West, but since it is an advantage to set your park design at least, home field should go the the best team, or alternatively at least the all-star winner...(imo)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Actually, for most of baseball, the home field advantage alternated (of course, there was no inter-league play).

However, with unbalanced schedules, is it really fair to go by best record, since the records are largely against a different set of teams?

Steve
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Nevermind--My guys lost even worse the next game at home. Maybe they are missing some "clutch" when it comes to the playoffs --Lol

Seriously, What about using the all-star game results? It matches real baseball and theoretically should measure 1 league against the other.

(What would be really neat is if the leading manager in each division got to setup the teams lineup/etc...)
Utah Dodgers

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i really like that idea, it would then give the all star game some meaning to it and the leading managers could have a little input in the game.

Previous Page | Show All |