Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2026 Draft #2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
5L1NK

Farmington Hills Cardinals
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm the exact same way, almost 80% of my farm system is FA/Waiver pickups. I pretty much only keep draft picks if they're 13 POT or higher.

I recently dropped my set up man and lucked out by drafting the perfect replacement from the Asian leagues.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Waivers is good for building a team, but keep in mind that every player on there has already been cut from a team. Therefore very few of the best players in the game end up on waivers, unless a bot takes over a team with some real talent (like Orlando).

The reason I said my choice was obvious earlier was because I needed pitchers, and although I had two options, the better of the two was above average and lacked control. At least my guy is a keeper.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Not got a hang of the draft / got lucky yet. Only had ~4 pulls though I think.

Went for the "any player" option and chose this guy:

"He can be a very good hitter. He can develop into a decent slugger. He has good overall potential." Switch hitter too. Ended up a 17yr old, 39 SI, no good / obvious fielding position and only 11 pot. I wanted an older guy really but in the end this guy looked like he had the most potential. But, he's gone already so that was a waste.

I'm probably harsh with my own draft picks, and then prefer to pick up the best of what I can with the bigger choice in waivers/FA? I don't know.

Those ++ hit, + power guys tend to do well enough no matter what their POT is, especially the ones with sub 20 D-Skills. Of course they can really only play 1B or DH.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My team is mostly built on waivers. You can pick up a lot of good players. Especially if they are young. They are all dropped for a reason, but sometimes its a bad reason. Like:

"This 14 POT 17 year old only has 50 SI, its going to take forever to develop him."

or

"This Great Hitting, Prolific Slugger is slow, has poor fielding and is only POT 12. POT 12 players are useless."

Updated Friday, February 5 2016 @ 2:20:09 pm PST
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, go a little missing for a few days, come back to see the draft selection increased. 8 love when steve listens to our suggestions.

http://brokenbat.org/player/124803 this guy looks like he could be a real good dh, and absolutely nothing else. Had one pitcher I could have taken with unit table fastball, Stam to start, and good pot. Part of me regrets letting him go, but always draft best available is what I use.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
On the note of building through waivers...

Let's not forget that a player that is above average for lower levels (like 4/5/6) is not necessarily good at all for upper levels (1/2/3) so if a Legends team cuts a player who isn't putting up great numbers for them, that doesn't make him a bad player if you're like me, sitting in V. It just makes him unable to handle Legends competition. Could be perfectly fine at this level.

Yes, people usually get cut for reasons and yes, sometimes even for bad ones... but they can also be cut for very good reasons and still not be bad.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, new wave did find a guy worth taking. 13 POT 3B means that he can technically get the job in a few seasons without my missing a beat.
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I decided to choose this guy over a Very Good Overall Pot.

http://brokenbat.org/player/124851

What do you think guys, did I make the right decision?
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It depends on the description of the very good player, but unless it was "great hitter prolific slugger amazing on the field" i think you've made the right decision :D
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I will need pitchers in the future, my pitching staff is getting old. My A's is now in his 31's, I have four pitchers in 34's, and the nearest pitchers to be ready for the big league are in AA. So, thinking I went to the High School looking for a promising pitcher, last week draft only got what could be a relieve pitcher in my roster, but was sacked. This week got this:

He can be a strike out pitcher. His curveball can be exceptional. He will have the stamina to be a starting pitcher. He has very good overall potential.

Ben 'Ace' Edwards

A pot 14, 17yo with 18 SI, maybe he will take years to develop, but I don't care if he will be ready when he gets 24, 25 or 26.

Previous Page | Show All |