wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
well i like the idea of blocking dumb
set ups were you have a pitcher set
-7 -9 is the only way he comes in to play
the fact is unasigned players can still enter
unlees you set it like above wich the player would never come in to play unless team is loosing by -7
but if they have him in SET2 with 9th being 1st inning available he will not play all season long.
"""SO STEVE BLOCKS THEM""" so they can play as normal.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
???making sure???
the old way was 1st Fatigue =heavy, medium, light=
weather pitcher comes in...
2nd his role SS starters for injury of starter or starter is heavy Fatigue...
3rd "Min Inning Settings" min being inn 4 he can play.
With this new feature you control run differentials in game when a pitcher can come in...
Meaning his minimum run difference -5 or +1 he can play or max run difference -3 or +2 he can play
but the role he is assigned to still should play major part your MR or LR will be in middle of game.
wile LHS/RHS will only be used when a manager needs to get out a lefty or righty batter SET1/2 are to hold games and normally don't come in unlesss closer is hurt or you go extra innings after closer blows save.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The old behavior mostly just had built-in run differentials that triggered an appearance based on the earliest inning you had set. Except for closer being a forced entry upon save situation (unless you have a no-hitter in place)

The new behavior lets you define the run ranges the way you want for each role so if you don't like the selection mechanics, you can influence them more.

I like the SU role to be used for holds exclusively, so the old behavior was unfavorable to me. It would use SU when you're losing by as much as 4 runs. What are they setting up?

Now I can have a 'true' SU role that's only used for slim leads prior to the 9th inning and the closer for that 9th inning save situation.

If I wanted to, I can also have a different guy who pitches when we're tied or losing by just a run or two that might give the game close in case we make a comeback. These don't have to be the same role.

I also like my MR to pitch in games that are not blowouts but not within the "save" range. To effectively accomplish this, I can have 2 guys... one that pitches when we're up by 4-6 runs and one when we're down by 4-6 runs to cover both gaps... and then LR for anything more than that.

Though is there a priority system?

If a LR was set to -8/+8 and a MR was set to -6/+6...

who pitches in a 5-0 game? Could it select the LR because he's in that range? Or would MR have priority over LR when both meet the criteria to enter? And if so, can I assume SU/RHS/LHS has higher priority than MR as well?
Luizmussa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, I just had insanely high number of pitches from my starters last night. I know its just spring training but is that because of the new -RD/+RD tool? I didnt even noticed that until then.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Me too. A starter with a pitch limit of 50 pitched the whole game, 148 pitches.

Is this because I didn't set a run differential as I don't understand how it works?

Updated Thursday, February 4 2016 @ 4:05:06 am PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Luiz, more likely that you didn't have any pitchers available. Look at your fatigue list on the game report.

@dmcc, same as Luiz, virtually everyone assigned a role was fatigued. Pitcher fatigue is directly below injuries on the report.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, those things happen to everyone during Spring Training because there are 2 games played on the same day, making it so pitchers don't recover between games.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I ALWAYS use a 6-man in the spring, and I still have pitchers pitching with some fatigue. Its great to get the extra training games, but I would highly recommend using at least a 6 man, and if you can check your team out every couple of days, you might want to shift in a 7th even.
Luizmussa

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you guys... I was operating on a -- fatigue limit to all my relievers. Believe that was the deal.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've not had my starters too fatigued to start this spring, but I have had relievers too fatigued to appear. You pretty much need to set every role possible to avoid this.

I initially ran with just a 5-man BP for my youngsters and then had a SP pitch 11 innings in a losing effort. I decided to fill in spots with my vets and now have 9 relievers xP

Previous Page | Show All |