Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2026 Season Goals   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well just cut some ties with longtime players, but they just didn't quite have a place on my team this year. Even so, it stings a little.

My goals:

1. Continue the ascent!! Managed to promote both of the last two seasons, and I think I could have a shot this season.

2. Continue to develop the rotation. Last season I think my pitching overtook my hitting as my team's strength. Starter ERAs all under 4, team ERA under 4. In the playoffs they pulled off a 1.77 ERA against the top offensive team in our league. 3 of the 5 SPs I have are waiver claims that I managed to develop from 24-25 yo, and there's a couple more I have that I hope will pan out.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Primary goal: Don't come in last.
Reach goal: Don't come in second to last.

Updated Sunday, January 24 2016 @ 7:12:58 pm PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1. Fight to stay up

2. Find some players that can actually fill the holes in my team while I wait for youngsters to develop

3. Advance in the cu- *looks at Cup group* nevermind...
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1. Have a .500 or better record
2. Develop prospects and find stopgaps
3. Draft pitching and good hitting.
4. Transition from old to new
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1. Promote to league IV

2. Perform well in the Cup

3. Pray for my draft picks to come up
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
1: .500 season if possible!
2: Manager gets Reputation?
3: Pray for Rookie Pitcher! ""Stewart Chia""
[ID #111978]
get trophie...
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
#2 isn't possible, wuggla. You're going to have to sign a manager with a reputation if that's what you want.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Waivers has been strange for me this off season. I got three fairly highly-contested 31+ year old aging veterans released by Legends teams. How weird is that?? That means I now have to play to promote to II and let the future be what ever I can make of it. I haven't looked at the newcomers to the league yet because it's still early in Waiverville, but I'm going to say I have a 50% shot. Here's to optimism.

I'm also hopeful to advance a few rounds in the Cup. My opening group is mediocre, so it would be nice to cruise thru the opening stage. We'll see.

Everything hinges on those oldies, but goodies. If they're more of the latter, all will be good.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, those are some nice gets Mike. Should really give you a boost.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Time to set goals. As I wrote in press release, in 2026 we mean business.

We managed to get some pretty useful players from waivers, some are veterans that we will probably use only this year, some should stick around for longer. And if we win the lottery for one of 60+ claims players, our roster should be really scary for rest of the league.

So, goals:
- win the division
- develop the young pitching (Liang, Morita) so that they can be regular starters for 2027
- make standing ovation for Wayne Preston as it is probably his last year with us.
- find strength to click the "release" button next to Preston's name

Previous Page | Show All |