Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2025: A Year in Review   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Let's take a look back at 2025.

My team, as expected, dominated tier 6. Finishing with 120 wins and +514 run difference, both franchise records. We also made in to the third cup KO round, the farthest since I took over. We also won the playoffs, only the sexond time in franchise history and the forst for me.

The team improved there skills at my expected rate, but unfortunately my draft was horrible as wasnt much better in waivers.

Overall I'm happy with my team, but the future of promotion is still cloudy at best.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice. :). Seems to me that numerous teams get some momentum going in Vi, and can carry that through into the next few. Hopefully that is true for Grand Blanc.

Dinos Summary:

The Season

Finished mid-table. A good result. Fortunate to steer clear of relegation.

Some notable accomplishments. Anderson won the Dinos their first ever batting title. Pretty amazing for a defensive player with a career .207 BA coming into this season. Hardy became the team's career leader in wins. Enriquez had a break-out season and is a very important piece moving forward.

Acquisitions

Both waivers and the draft were disappointing in 2025. Abbott was our big waiver claim, and he is questionable at best. Nava was the best asset gained through the draft. Should be a good player.

Finances

After posting an eight digit loss last season, Dinos had a small red year this go round. If taxes are ignored, a small profit was made this season. Not too shabby.

Next Season

I had hoped next season would be a push season. Hardy is turning 30, and about to start declining. But I can't see a push. Two key players (Almeida and Gamez) were cut to make room for youngsters. Busty is coming up, while Blanco and Butler head into their sophomore seasons.

And then there is middle infield. Still have a giant hole there. Doubt Felix is the answer. So at best, next season is another tread water season.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Bears Summary:

The Season

Won our league championship for the first time in franchise history. Won a franchise-record 104 games. Had the 1st, 2nd, and 5th place guys in Cy Young voting and also won Rookie Pitcher of the Year. Four guys in All-League was actually a little disappointing, but I am just happy we finally got over the hump again.

Acquisitions

Draft was pretty meh, other than two guys. Didn't really go for the waiver wire this season.

Finances

Made more than $1.3 million this year! Not bad.

Next Season

Would like to make a push at a second straight league title, but it may be difficult. I still like my team, but I feel I could do better at third base and pitching. I'll be trying to win some waiver claims and draft well this year.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Long Horns Summary:

The Season-

The Long Horns made the playoffs for the second straight year. Last year was the first full season running a 4 man rotation and it was successful. We had two pitchers that had 20 wins and we had someone hit higher than .300.

Acquisitions-

Draft was average at best. We got two 14 POT players last year, but most of the picks are fringe players. We didn't hit the waiver wire a lot last year after we saw we couldn't get many players.

Finances-

We lost 1.8 million, but it hasn't affected us a lot.

Next Season-

In our first season in Legends, the Long Horns look to avoid relegation and try to bring in better players as our core players are aging. We are also looking for highly regarded pitching prospect Raul Peralta to come up from AAA to help the rotation.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Gulls Summary:

This Season

Once again we got out to a rocketing start out of the gate, but fizzled after the All-Star break. This year the batting seemed a little quieter than in previous seasons. I'm very pleased at how the starting pitching did this season (most of my rotation had sub 4 ERAs), my bullpen still needs some shoring up however. One player in the All-Star game and one gold glove, pretty weak on the awards front but to be expected since my team didn't have anybody that was a real standout.

Acquisitions
Draft was pretty disappointing this season. I got a couple of guys that might work out as bench players, but no pitching which I am sorely lacking in the farm system. Didn't make too many moves on the free agent market, but pre-season I made a big pickup in Hanson who somehow slipped through waivers without a claim, he made a worth replacement for my aging longtime SS Yeh. Also picked up Dennis to further strengthen the OF. A mid season pitching pickup I took a chance on Iwasaki ended up being a bust, he got tossed back into the sea at the end of the season.

Finances
Made a healthy $4.2M in profit this season, I might consider going after a high dollar waiver claim or two since I seem to have cash to spare.

Next Season
I think I have a team capable at making a run at promoting to IV. I've been close multiple times but my guys seems to choke when it matters most. Need to find some pitching prospects so that once my current pitching gets old I have players ready to step up. I have some good young players at positions, I'm confident enough in most of them that I'll probably let another aging vet or two go before the season starts. I'm very pleased with the way Potter and Macias came along last year, although Macias needs to work on his glove a little bit. They are future full time starters for sure.

Updated Saturday, January 23 2016 @ 9:17:34 am PST
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Warsaw's 3 cents:

This season
Another year for experimenting and developing. I tweaked my ballpark to benefit my power hitters, but from what I've seen my opponents actually benefitted more. Going to change back to pitcher's park for 2026.
Despite finishing in 5th place with 84-76, which is below par for me, we produced 5 All-Stars and 1 All-League player, and won three golden gloves. One of them for Merola who didn't commit a single error in 152 games and had 19 outfield assists.

From our pitching staff, big comeback years for Stanley and immortal Preston. Have mixed feelings about Anderson playing as closer (how can you put a guy that throws 80mph fastball in that role?!), but I guess he did ok.

Aquisitions
From the draft, only three keepers, but I guess "Sly" alone makes for a good draft year.
From waivers - most pre season claims are still in the minors, the two underdevelopped claims that played full season (Rossi, Vela) gained 19 SI combined. Solid.

Finances
Not much to write here, another year with minimal profit, we can easily deal with salary increases.

Next season
Is 2026 the one that we finally go up? Looks like we have a decent chance. We will have really strong rookie of the year candidates in Cedillo and Merrill. We will have more solid defense (3 guys played out of position this year). We should milk one more season out of future hall-of-famer Preston. And as always, we will be active in the waivers and constantly look for improvements.

Previous Page | Show All |