Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Training Updates   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I thought that it happens on Friday, but some minor leaguers seemed higher in some skills than they did earlier in the week. For example, a player had a 9 for power last night who I thought was an 8 on Tuesday or something like that.

Updated Thursday, January 7 2016 @ 6:52:58 pm PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Skills only pop on the Friday training update.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rather than start a new thread I'll hijack this old thread that has the same title I would have given a new one:

I stuck to my idea of not drafting and was rewarded with a huge training update. Every critical player in my minors gained SI, and four became ready to promote including three 24 year olds who were in A, AA, and AAA (one was in each). Guzman also gained another point to bump up to 116 at age 30, lending further proof to Seca's idea of the development curve flattening out but never stopping.

Not sure about my pitching situation, as is it looks like I'm going to have 4 or 5 pitchers become ready for the majors at the same time, and they are all my best prospects, but it likely won't be until the all-star break of 2028 at the earliest.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@newtman

Do you think there was a correlation between not drafting and the big training bumps you had?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No, but it certainly made me feel better in my decision since the guys I might have cut got skill gains as well.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah lol
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
last training update was today.
thats 10 per season.
Next seasons 1st training update is after Spring.
NOTE the 1st round draft pick in evry season gets full play time in spring training. 2nd round will get the weekend or 3 days in spring. 3rd thru 10 picks have to wait full season to get a spring game. and will only get 7-1 training updates. this is why 1st rd picks are so much better than evry other pick.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I cut a guy I'd rather have kept in order to make my last two draft picks, and those picks were terrible.

But I did have something like +18 SI last week, and from what I've seen my +10 SI seems to have been better than most.

I ditched my 'excellent' teaching manager in the offseason for a better overall manager, who is 'good' at teaching - and I've had consistently high SI gains all year (15-23 per week; can't break it down right now because my spreadsheet is on my work PC! :D ), I think +168 SI over the ten updates.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The manager is only a small part of it though, it also depends on the room left for SI gain, where players are in their progress towards their next skill point in a given skill (i.e. .1 or .9 towards the next full point), etc.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It looks like Mason capped out at 14 Player Dev. As a "Good", Sheridan will cap out between 11 and 13. So there might not really be much difference in their Player Dev. But Mason is definitely better at Player Dev.

Previous Page | Show All |