Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Tip of the Cap to BB -- 1 Year Anniversary   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Merry Christmas everyone!

Wow, I cannot believe that it has been one year of playing this game already. It has gone by so fast. At this time last year, I was still searching for a game to take the place of my (still all-time) favorite game, MLB Manager, which shut down about 4 years ago now. I was looking for a game similar to MLB manager, and I certainly did not expect to want to play a game with fake players. Huh, who would want to play with fake players and no trading? What fun is it if you don't know the players and can't even trade them? However, after opening presents on Christmas day, I found another unexpected present when I signed up for this weird baseball sim website called brokenbat.org.

I had tried the game before for about a week, but it did not really stick. So, naturally, I was already thinking that I would quickly drop it once I lost interest.

Little did I know that brokenbat.org would become my second favorite online game of all-time. It is free, there is a small, but dedicated community who is completely willing to help each other despite their competitiveness, and it is run excellently by an even more dedicated owner. Not only that, but the game is constantly improving. I have heard many other, more experienced owners say the same thing, but even in the past year, so many things have changed for the better (or the worse, depending on your perspective). We now have searching by potential, draft history pages, probable starters, hall of fame section, debugged player search engine, more statistics, managers now impact the game, and many other improvements...in just one year!

Brokenbat is not the prettiest game I have ever played, but it is one of my favorites. Hopefully I will be able to manage my account for many years to come. Thanks to everyone who helped me along in the learning process as well. Even though we occasionally butt heads, sometimes we just need to realize that we are all trying to make the game better, just in different ways. Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

-Gabe S.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is free, there is a small, but dedicated community who is completely willing to help each other despite their competitiveness, and it is run excellently by an even more dedicated owner.

This. I couldn't agree more.

Best wishes to all dedicated BrokenBatters, to all teachers, preachers, complainers, innovationists, visionnaires, and even trolls. Enjoy the Christmas time :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks...glad you enjoy the game. Hope we can share it with a few more people in the coming year!

Merry Christmas!

Steve
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well said Slug!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, well said Slug.

Funny, it's an instant turnoff for me when sports sims have real players. I much prefer games with fake ones. You can chart your own course instead of trying to replicate something that's come before. Even the guys with names of all time greats (Mantle, Ruth, Cobb etc.) on here grate a little for me. Different strokes I guess :)
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Time sure does fly... I think I'm about a month out from being here a year myself.

Previous Page | Show All |