Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Prestige   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does anyone else find the prestige points odd? First of all, I can't even figure out the precise values for winning leagues and I don't believe it's listed in the guide.

Here's an example of how/why it's weird. Team A makes it to Legends. For the rest of time they finish 2nd thru 4th. They will never earn any prestige for league play in Legends. Team B stinks but at some point manages to finally win the VI league they're in. They get a prestige point. Uh, okay.

It seems to me that teams should get prestige points for maintaining their status, not just for moving up.

Here's another example using the same never win, never get relegated Legends team. Another team gets relegated from Legends, then win and get promoted. They earn lots of points (I'm not sure how many). They repeat the relegated-then-promoted cycle over and over again. Their prestige would soar while the steady Legends team receives zero prestige.

It's not a big deal at all, which is why I've never said anything, but it doesn't make sense either.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Prestige should be changed the way is awarded. With the actual system an wandering team (demoted/promoted year by year) can get a higher prestige than a team that are always in Legends since it inception.

A proposal:

Prestige shall be awarded to those teams that reach several position in a league, and can lose this points if they are down the road.

Also there shall be an cap for certain level, that way a team that are in LL3, and stay there in second place will have a better prestige than a team that always promotes from LL4 and demotes from LL3 the next season.

Prestige can be still different that ranking, as the later computes also the cup results, and two or more teams can still have the same prestige if they stay in the same level (even in different league division).

Since this reference is computed at the end of the season, this number can be used for the "hard" fan of the team, a higher prestige can draw more people to the local games even if the team is having a hard time in a given season.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Double post

Updated Thursday, December 24 2015 @ 9:18:13 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |