Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Schedule Imbalance   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Had a conversation with Haselrig a while back about the value of team rating. The only practical value team rating has (afaik) is the initial rankings at the start of the season. This dictates your schedule. I ended up telling Haselrig that the only way rating meant something was if one of the schedules was more difficult than the others.

My rating ranked me 4th in my league. AFAIK this is my first time on the #4 schedule.

I am currently in the middle of 3 consecutive 4 game series. It is the first time I can recall having 3 4-gamers in a row. It is a disadvantage. Your bullpen gets beat down with no time to recover.

It is minor. I'm not complaining. But thought it was interesting. I have quite a bit of experience with the #6 schedule which actually lays out really nicely. Have a new found appreciation for those #4 horses. :)
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting theory, I don't recall having ever gone through 4 3 game series consecutively, I think I'm in the No.1 spot (could be No.2) this season, I've got 3 occasions where I've got 11 games over 3 days.

I do know that if it wasn't for the cup games I'd be losing a lot of money this week, only one home series in the league games.

Updated Saturday, November 28 2015 @ 6:20:58 pm PST
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I lost around 4 mil my first two weeks because there were no home games, just cup games. I'm back up to around -2 mil after a cup series and a home series.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm going through that same scheduling hell. If you count the Cup it is five consecutive four game series, with two double headers. My #1 starter was injured (15 days) for the first three and is due back for game 2 of tomorrow's series. Of the past 12 games four went into extra innings; 15, 14, 12 & 12. Somehow the pitching staff has not burned itself out and we have a 2 game lead in the West :)

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Yikes.

You are right about the cup making it 5. I have trouble counting the cup b/c my top players are rested.

The 3 consecutive league 4-gamers does get repeated in the final 3rd of the schedule. Thought they might get broken up by the cup, but they fall tuesday-wednesday-thursday.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm starting a 3 consecutive 4 game series' respectively against Casper, Eugene, and Seattle. The you have the cup, which makes it 4 consecutive 4 games series'. This will a long and hard time for my players.

Previous Page | Show All |