Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Salary error?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Will someone please explain to me how Valencia's salary went up?? I'm on mobile and can't get the link thing to work; he's player 74772. He had an awful year, by far the worst of his career and his salary increased by $750,000. What the heck?!

Updated Sunday, November 8 2015 @ 12:07:32 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Two factors in this case. 1) Last season was his first with your team. Having spent a year at LL III with your team he now believes he should be paid more since he still made the All-Star team. 2) His team was demoted in his first MVP season, and then he won the second MVP in LL VI. Salaries don't inflate much at LL V or VI, they do in higher leagues.

Ultimately 3.2 mil is a drop in the bucket for a player that can contribute, so the real question is can he contribute? If so, don't worry, if not, cut him.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not buying it. Something's screwy. Here's a look at three guys on my team. I'll list the player, his salary last year, his stats last year (runs, hr, rbi, ops) and his new salary.

Lewis--3.0 million--56/22/86/774--2.55 million.

Versalles--4.25 million--82/16/97/775--3.4 million.

Valencia--2.45 million--59/8/50/743--3.2 million.

Lewis and Versalles had significantly better years, yet their prices dropped $450k and $850k, respectively. Valencia never did anything all season and his shot up $750k?

Making it even simpler, look only at Versalles and Valencia. Going into last season, Versalles was making $1.8 million more. Last year Versalles outperformed Valencia by a large margin, so the spread should increase. What happened? The gap closed by $1.6 million! That makes absolutely no sense.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Versailles is a good comparison. But you should be looking at 2022 to 2023 to get the factors affecting Valencia this season.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1) You only account for a few stats there.
2) You assume that the differential should get larger as opposed to it being more about his salary jumping with the league level.

I honestly don't care whether you "buy" my explanation, I simply tried to explain why the salary jumped, and the only competing hypothesis you have put forth is that the game made an error. Ultimately my final statement in the previous post is correct, it will come down to whether you think he is worth paying 3.2 mil.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You should probably drop all of them :)

Previous Page | Show All |