Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2025 World Classic   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ya. Pretty discouraging. 2 easy wins and then 3 1 run loses 8th or later.

Oh well. Congratulations Dominican Republic.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Game 3 was especially painful for all the Fall River fans that had been tailgating in the parking lot all month waiting for the bus ride north to cheer on their guys and had to watch a 5th series on the Jumbotron.

Despite not allowing a runner to reach scoring position for 5 2/3 innings and only having thrown 80 pitches, Chapman got yanked with a 2-0 lead going into the bottom of the 7th for low stamina closer Baker. Moose gave up a one-out homer in the 7th, barely escaped the 8th by getting a ground ball with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs and then clearly fatigued, he got called back out for the 9th ... predictably he gave up a leadoff double was still left in to give up the tying homerun.

Hopefully, "Default Manager" gets the hint from all the burning effigies hanging from the Braga bridge and realizes you don't call the closer until an 8th inning emergency at the earliest.

PS. Team Canada is hoping for a least 1 home series next season.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Technically, all the games are played at a neutral site.

Steve
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
From the piece of news on the site:

And congratulations to Puerto Rico for winning the 5th annual World Classic!

I think it should be fixed. ;)
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got that feeling too! Viva la patria Dominicana!... I had to say it!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Hope everyone enjoyed the World Classic. Originally, it was designed just to eat up the time between the season flip and spring training, but I think it's become a bit more.

Do you like the new 32-team format? The bottom 16 didn't do very well, but I think it's nice to include more teams.

Steve
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It was cool for sure I like it. Shame my one guy that makes it in every year never plays but he isn't all that good anyway just happens to play for the Netherlands lol. Had hoped Floyd Ayers might get a shot for USA.

Updated Friday, November 13 2015 @ 8:35:25 am PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
USA is very hard to make. I still think my team should draw more fans for have two NT players :p

People will come from their homeland just to watch.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The expanded format was good. More teams means more managers that have players in the tournament. Generates more interest. The chaff blows off fairly quickly.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, definitely like the expanded format.

Previous Page | Show All |