Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2024 Season Summary   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ithaca Titans had a great 2024, I didn't expected it, but was grateful to win the division in the last four games of the season, also we won the playoff in five games. We performed well in the two areas, offensive and defensive. And we rose from 209 to 203 in the rankings, we are closer to the top 200 teams, if we can stay in level V, we will make it.

Our pitchers excelled and did a great job, none of our starters had a negative record, and we had three pitchers with 19+ wins, the one with more wins was a starter and was transferred to the bullpen, our closer had a good first year as closer, Luis Magana had an excellent first year, he started 24 games, won 10, lost 3, and 3.17 ERA. And what I think will be repeating as Cy Young is Lance Tyler, 19-5, 2.56 ERA, 127 Ks, 23 quality starts, and 12 times being the GMVP.

In the offensive we have Edgar Ornelas, defensively he had 17 errors, but he responded with his bat, .311 avg, 119 runs, 135 rbis, 44 hrs; he broke the season's record that had 13 years, and was just tied 6 years ago; and he is just 26. Angel Morales, even he didn't finished the season in the lineup, he was the first man in the Ithaca's history to collect 80+ SB in a year, and he is just 9 SBs to break the SB career record in possession of J. Lester with 464.
Rdub29317

Indianapolis Ducks
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
After a 2023 season in Beaverton that saw a new high in wins under my ownership, expectations were high. Especially since I was finally able to compete in the free agent/waivers market for the first time.

In 2024, under new manager Mariano Castro, the Beavers improved in almost every aspect. Due to free agent pitching additions Ricardo Velasquez and Stanley Young, the team gave up a full run less per game compared to 2023. And the offense continued to thrive with 5 players earning All-Star appearances: leadoff speedster and offensive juggernaut Kurt Franzoni, on-base machine Jorge Roque, super slugger and two-time defending home run champion Brent Hughes, franchise superstar Lewis Elliott who turned in a career season, and especially by a new addition at the beginning of the season in Will Gaines who had one of the best individual years in franchise history.

After improving to 105 wins, the Beavers still couldn't capture 1st in the historically tough VI.13 West. Still, the organization is filled with tremendous young talent (Gaines is the only position player in the starting lineup who will be older than 29 next season) and looks primed for a promotion run in the near future.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I really expected this season to be a 3rd straight 2nd place finish.

Except for the 11-9 Cup showing, it's been better than I could have hoped from before day 1

Update 0/World Classic/Draft 1/Spring Training -
U0:
32 year old "Downtown" doesn''t lose a full point of anything :)
"Lucky" Hunter lost a point of range and a point of arm ... not bad at all for turning 32
WC:
"Moose" Baker becomes the first Dawg to actually play in the WC, picks up a W for Canada and posts a 0.818 whip + .148 BAA in 5 appearances
Draft round 1:
Guasparre Vitali becomes our 2nd ever 15pot draftee
Spring Training:
Cliff rakes up 1.024 OPS earning the heavy side of a platoon role at C and providing insurance at 3B
Dan raked in the Grapefruit league, although he wound up disappointing at the plate during the regular season, we still think that extra experience was worth it.
Speaking of disappointing at the plate, Red Foreman didn't get his warm bats onto the plane - .872 OPS and earned his small "of" down South, then .533 in league play
Mateo ConcepciĆ³n put up 5 saves this spring and moved up to AAA more than a half-year before before he turned 21
Last but certainly not least - X-Man Got the first of his 3 curveball pops and setup the 2nd best skill gain in franchise history before we got on the plane. We didn't get him into a game during the Series, but after 11 quality outings in 19 starts and a good bit of room for improvement .. look out IV.4 ... I believe golfers say "fore"

Updated Friday, November 6 2015 @ 2:55:43 am PST
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
No mvp nominees, not even close to cy young award.
No golden gloves, not even all-league nominations ...

But 100 ML wins and promotion to div 5...
This i s t h e t e a m :)
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For the 3rd straight season, I had a pitcher named rookie of the year. Now if I could only get some hitting...
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My guys also ended up getting MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the year (hitting)

great year all around, not sure what happens after this but i'm ready!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Reyna got League MVP and All-League 3B. No other awards went to Raleigh players. My defense skillwise should have played better than it did this season. With good fielding and high range there is no reason I shouldn't have gotten at least one gold glove, but my guys didn't really play that well in support of one of the worst pitching seasons in Raleigh since I took over. Might be challenging just to stay up in LL III.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Without a doubt, this was the best season statistically for the Scranton Bears in team history. With a 104-56 record, the team set a team record for most wins and highest run differential (+340).

DH Benito Cardenal won a Triple Crown with 34 HR, 165 RBI, and a .313 BA.

The entire pitching staff set a team record for least amount of runs given up in a season, after being shellshocked all of last season.

However, the team still did not manage to win the division and ultimately no postseason awards were won beyond Cardenal and SP Pedro Rico being named to the All-League team.

So, even if this year was great, we cannot accept it as we did not win the division. We finished the year 3-7 and it ultimately cost us. Next season we will be out for blood in League V.8.
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Got rookie if the year pitcher. Let's go! Contest wasn't even close as Anderson was able to hang with even some of the best Ps

Obvious #2 option and eventually the ace for Bay City next season. Pitching just getting better. Townsend Valentin and Santiago will improve. And Newman is not gonna start as bad as he did this season. 2025 is Bay City's to lose. Starter rotation will be lethal with hopefully a substantial increase in the pen. If I actually had a pen this year I'd be champ.

Can't wait for my other hitters to join in on the party. Really optimistic on Pitts and Carillo
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Great year, a huge step up from 2023 and we won the division to boot! Went 56-24 after the all-star game, won the division comfortably and took the playoffs in 7 games.

Several career years on both sides of the ball:

Harris: CF, 147 games, .290/.353/.594, 44 HR, 130 RBI
Wynn: 2B, 136 games, .302/.372/.540, 22 HR, 80 RBI
Bradley: SS, 157 games, .258/.364/.406, 17 HR, 68 RBI, 40 SB and just 11 E, good for a Gold Glove
Aquirre: C (rookie), 106 games, .269/.342/.461, 15 HR, 62 RBI, 43.8% CS

Parker: SP, 13-6, 3.39 ERA, All-Star pitcher
Morton: RP, 14-7, 2.69 ERA
Armetta: Closer, 2-2, 37 S, 3.66 ERA

And picked up these guys for the stretch run, many of whom have earned long-term spots (so long as the money works out):

Cervantes: 1B, 43 games, .333/.371/.629, 13 HR, 53 RBI
McMahon: RF, 48 games, .314/.370/.445, 4 HR, 26 RBI
Rice: LF, 19 games, .355/.380/.579, 2 HR, 10 RBI

Floyd: SP, 6-2, 2.96 ERA
Callahan: SP, 9-2, 3.30 ERA

Also hired a new manager, William Hunter, who managed to lead us to a 48-22 record in the remainder of the season.

Congrats to the boys, and here's to another successful season!

Previous Page | Show All |