Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Shortening rotation in playoffs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Has anybody toyed with a drastically shortened pitching rotation during the playoffs?

I'm curious about going with a 3-man starting rotation, using only my 3 best pitchers.

Assuming the pitchers have strong stamina (16+), would such a tactic be advantageous? Does Broken Bat even allow for such a thing?

I guess I'm just looking for people's experiences with this or something similar.

Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm likely going to only use 4, and you can do it by rotating your pitchers around in the lineup.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll probably just use 3. Everyone is rested after the first two games. Moving my #4 guy to long relief.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If the situation warrants it, I think going with a 3-man rotation is feasible. Personally, I'm fairly confident in my #4 starter and thus going with a more standard four-man rotation. Either way, I think it would depend on the pitchers in each situation.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I'll use all 5. I only have two pitchers that are definitely better than the rest, and they'll be the ones that'll pitch twice if required, while the other three are more or less equal so there's no point trying to figure out which one will have a better day.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Part of the reason the playoffs are spread over three days is so that managers can have better control of their rotation and lineups.

Note - the rotation reset occurs just after the last game of the season, so it's not like it switches right before game one of the playoffs.

Steve

Updated Wednesday, November 4 2015 @ 5:18:29 pm PST
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
On a side note:

Does anyone set that rotation taking into account if a starting pitcher is "hot" or "cold"? In my limited playoff experience, I think it makes a difference. Just want to see if others have noticed the same thing as I have, or if I'm experiencing an anomaly of sorts...
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hot and cold have no proven gameplay affect. They are more measurements of recent performance like an observation. Setting your rotation based on this accomplishes about as much as wearing a rally cap does.

Updated Thursday, November 5 2015 @ 10:27:44 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |