Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Too early for a call up?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rdub29317

Indianapolis Ducks
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Otis Hall is the top prospect in my organization, my future 2nd baseman (I've been training him there), has three plus tools and I think he can be a superstar.

He is already better than my current starting 2B, and I know for sure Hall will be starting in the majors by 2026 at the latest. I want to get him some quick time in the bigs now before his for-sure call up in a year or so, but he has spent less than a season in AAA so far. Is it too early for me to call him up and get him some playing time?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Great looking player. I'm a bowl of jelly.

His SI suggests you could bring him up and be fine. My concern is that both "great" hitting and "prolific" slugging could mean 20. It's tougher to get to 20 than 17.

I think it would be ok to bring him up. But personally I would be leaving him down.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Based on TwoPlums advice in the other thread I'd say as long as you remember to send him back down in the off-season it should be alright. My personal approach is what Seca said, that if he isn't recommended yet, and he is more than 3 or 4 points from capping per skill I leave him down.

Previous Page | Show All |