Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Showdown at the O-Cates Corral   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Liking the tradition of a backyard brawl (or, the Battle for the Little Brown Jacket as we Northerners have dubbed it) brewing between the Cates boys in the Baytown and Amarillo rivalry. Should be a fun watch for season to come :)

Updated Monday, October 19 2015 @ 7:50:09 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I enjoyed the news posts. Still not sure who to cheer for.
toddcates

Baytown Bombers
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Appreciate the comments. We live 5 hours apart and love baseball and this awesome game gives us a chance to play together.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I know how you feel, Todd. I had my cousin, who lives a few hours away from me, playing for a couple months when I started. That was a blast, but he got too busy to keep his team up.
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm glad you guys are enjoying the rivalry. I think this game is a blast. It's even more fun to play it with my best friend, and brother. We both dread the day one of us levels up, and it will happen eventually. Well I guess we don't dread it because it means our team is doing better, but you know what I mean.
After spending so much time rebuilding my team, I am finally getting time to look at the other leagues a little. Could you guys post some of your great rivalries. I would like to watch those.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is awesome. One thing I'm starting to notice is that it seems easier to maintain a rivalry with someone in the other geographic division than with someone in the same one. I had an awesome final season in LL VI with Niagara Falls, however over the past two seasons I've had a much more entertaining rivalry with Tempe as we both won V.1 divisions last season (I won the regular season series, he won the playoff series) and we are both winning our IV.1 divisions this season (split the season series 5-5, each winning 3 games on the other team's home field).

Just my experience over a five season time frame, overall same division rivalries may be better.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
12Parsecs is one of my friends from college - we took the same class this past summer and I got him into the game and it's definitely been fun to have someone to play this with, even if we have yet to go head-to-head
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I introduced my son in law to this game. He has one of the stronger up and coming teams and is doing much better than I am. We've only played heads up once and that was during cup elimination a couple seasons ago. I won that one but we'll see next time. It'd definitely fun to have someone you know playing the game too.
EchoBravo34

Sioux City Catfish
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. ;)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Broken Bat, bringing families together! :-)

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |