Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> The East Dogwood Curse?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Erkuza

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Your entire team is hitting .220 against left handed pitching but yet in your LH lineup you have 6 straight lefties batting in order. Your cleanup hitting is batting just .183 overall. Try mixing up your lineups. Simply getting a player from the FA market and dropping him into your lineup won't do you much good without good lineup management.
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
bad thing is...........I have no good right handed defenders

I have right handed hitters, it's just they don't know how to defend well

msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
EDIT

actually my problem is 90% of my roster is lefties

the only righties I have are backups and their not even that good.......sigh time to search FA for some righties
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Your pitching is doing really well...if you could get some right handed hitters and the overall team would hit better, you'd be doing well.

Hang in there, its still early in the season...

Steve
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the obvious solution is to quit school...
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
lol

stay in school, you'll have a good future ; )

anyways lost another series but yet again I survive another week........

oh well I want some more pitchers to replace the old ones, since they're getting up there and wanna get rid of em

time to search FAs again
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
WTF

I got swept from the cup

how sad when I actually won an auto bid

this has been a horrible season for Bay City so far
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
WTF

I got swept from the cup

how sad when I actually won an auto bid

this has been a horrible season for Bay City so far
JayJeffery

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have found that free agency is only good for finding a scab player to fill my line up for one season. This sim is based on building a dynasty and not stacking your team with free agents for a win in one season. The free agents that are readily available are usually older and though they look to have good stats, they are aging and their "actual" rating is dropping off quickly. To create a good team you must look at it from a long-term dynasty perspective that is how the sim is set up. i have found the best thing is to work with the starters that i have and bring in young draftees if I have a space in my roster. You will also find some real good players, for cheap money, and who are of reasonable age (25~27) by keeping an eye on the waivers. these players can be very good but perhaps where dropped from a team that kept them in the minors too long, or other reasons. I got my eye on a starting pitcher with great ratings only asking .5 million. you got to be vigilant on the waivers, I'm not the only one who does this apparently because they go quick. In the end though a team is built over multiple seasons, if you are looking for instant gratification through free agency you will only meet frustration, think about it... there is a reason these guys are free agents :-)
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah thought about it

got some great guys off the FA

some were cheap.

some were asking too much

but coming into the New Year I think this is my roster for years to come.

I never except anyone above 30 years old off waivers. I never let anyone older then 33 on my roster.

I also been dealing around with minor leaguers too.

Looking forward I got 3-4 guys who can be great players coming off the minors, look at Kurt Hall my greatest guy with potential : )

Previous Page | Show All |