Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Relief Pitching Algorthim Discussion   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Readable to me, but I'm a developer, so I'm probably not the one your looking for feedback from...

One thing I would note, it looks like on excessive pitch counts you bring in the SS first (even if its a 6-man rotation) regardless of the inning. Is that the case?

Updated Monday, October 12 2015 @ 8:46:03 pm PDT
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My questions was about the SS, too. Perhaps there could be a setting "Latest Inning" after which a pitcher is no longer available.

I also really, really, really wish there was a SP6 spot when using a six man rotation. I've experienced a number of occurrences where the SS comes in to relieve when he's scheduled to start the next day. So, he also pitches the next day, and ends up hurt or shelled.

Thanks so much, Steve!
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
For a non developer pleb like me its readable enough - perhaps you could add something in into it about the fatigue settings? I always second guess myself about whether -- lets the get to a lower level, or whether it means they won't get allowed to - also how far that level is i.e. --= minimum 5 bars fatigue etc
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with JJNZ. I usually just leave the setting at X so at least I "know" they'll stop pitching when the pitch count is met.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
In general, the excessive pitch count situation should almost never happen. It's primary there to prevent a guy from pitching 200+ pitches because there aren't any healthy, non-fatigued arms in the bullpen.

I also really, really, really wish there was a SP6 spot when using a six man rotation. I've experienced a number of occurrences where the SS comes in to relieve when he's scheduled to start the next day.

Do you have some recent examples of this??

Thanks,

Steve

Updated Monday, October 12 2015 @ 11:08:55 pm PDT
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can provide you a few examples of excessive pitch counts from earlier this season where my pitcher has gone 160+ even though my highest pitch count number is set at 130 and nobody was hurt or fatigued.

I stopped using the SP6 last season when it happened during inter-divisional play. My SS was called into two games and made his start in the 3rd in a row. It had happened the season before so I just don't use 6 man anymore. Instead I manually made the changes.

I know a lot of fellows don't have the chance to get online during the day's game simulations, so can't do it. I'd like my SS to be THE SS, not 6SP. I'd like a 6th starter to ONLY be a sixth starter.

I can maybe go thru last season and see if I can find an example.

Thanks, a lot!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
There is a difference between exceeding your pitch count limit and excessive pitch count. I guess I need to explain that more. Excessive pitch counts kick in around 155 pitches and prevents a pitcher from throwing significantly more pitches than that (ie. 225 pitches or something).

In terms of the 6th starter, there was logic added recently to prevent the 6th starter from coming in for relief appearances (except in the excess pitch count situations). There is not much advantage to the 6-man rotation other than dividing your inning around a bit more. Most teams will try to focus their starts on their four or five best pitchers.

Steve
Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the explanation.

It took a while to get my rotation to the point I had 5 starters I had faith in. HAha As, I said, I haven't tried it this season, and as soon as inter-divisional is done, it's back to a four man rotation.

Fantastic game!
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What about the logic behind starting for injured pitchers? Say it SP4 if hurt and it's his turn... Does it go SS, LR, MR in looking for a starter?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, assuming they're not injured or fatigued.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |