Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> New Logos   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
When I first applied for a team I scrolled down the list to find a team in a less favourable financial situation. Thought I'd make it a little more interesting.

For some reason, the application didn't fire, so I tried again. This time the top team on the list was the Greater Northshire Dinosaurs. Northshire sounded Tolkienian, and Dinosaurs seemed close to my favourite basketball team - the Raptors. I took that as a sign and applied for the team.

The new Raptors logo looks cool, but I've become pretty attached to my stampeding green reptile. Don't think I can change. :)
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Not to mention we kind of associate you with the big green lizard. Changing would only throw the board into a state of uncontrollable excitement.

Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well with new logos I can actually change my team name to resemble the amateur team I play in - Warsaw Phoenixes. I just need Steve to add Warsaw to the town list. Not the one I live in, the one in Indiana will do ;)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
What is the appropriate plural of Phoenix? Is it really the Phoenixes?

I read online that there was no plural form because there was only the one Phoenix in Greek mythology.

Steve
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Phoeni?
Phoeniea?
Phoenices?
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is only one Phoenix, so it is more of a proper name. If the term were to be a generic word, it would have to end in ices, due to the ix ending... so Phoenices if anything... but there is no correct pluralization.

On a semi-related note, I noticed "octopuses"... Shouldn't that be octopi?

Updated Wednesday, October 7 2015 @ 4:01:31 pm PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm no native speaker, but google helps:
Noun
phoenix ‎(plural phoenix or phoenixes or phoenices)

But for "phoenices" it says latin.

Updated Wednesday, October 7 2015 @ 10:58:55 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |