Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Guys You Giving Up & Why   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Floyd is gaining SI though, if you cut him, he would be by far the best player available for the hours he is on waivers. Minor league stats outside of steals are little more than meaningless, because you have no way of knowing who he has been facing or the other players on his team in any of his minor league games since they use players randomly selected from all players at a minor league level from all teams.

Edit: Floyd's minor league stats aren't bad anyways. You'd really cut a player with that scouting report plus potential just because he stayed at AA for two and a half seasons? Fair enough. All I can give is my assessment, and it would be that he has the highest ceiling of any of your guys in the minors, and he could still hit that ceiling. You have several other hitting prospects I wouldn't bother picking up because they seem dime a dozen to me, he looks better than that to me. I could be wrong though...

Updated Thursday, October 8 2015 @ 12:33:37 pm PDT
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
All right, I'll hold onto him. I am just incredibly frustrated with his progress.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I was low on pitchers so I went searching threw the trash heap and pulled out this. But he tastes kind of funny, so I think I might just throw him back.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The truly tough decisions started today. I have no one on my minor league roster I don't like. I want to draft someone though. Therefore I am cutting someone who is going to be redundant (in that I have a lot of guys like him who are still decently young in the majors). I just hope whoever picks up Iriki will finish out his development.

Note: Can't cut Calvo or Burke yet because although all my minor league pitchers gained skills, none were recommended for promotion.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good luck to who ever ends up winning the claim for Calvo tonight, you'll need luck with him, because his stats were terrible for me with a solid and high range defense behind him.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Newt: Iriki landed in Pembroke Pines, and I need a 3B for a few years, so hopefully he stops being lazy and trains well. Will be a September call-up this year if promotion is not achievable.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Unlike Calvo, I still really liked Iriki, I think he can be really good, unfortunately I had five guys who were slotted for C/3B in my majors/minors so I didn't need him. Hope he lives up to my excitement when I drafted him.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would have claimed Iriki, but I'm in the same boat. I took a serious look at Calvo. Looks good on paper, but his past performances are seriously disturbing. Too bad, because I could have used another arm in my bullpen.

I dropped Javon for the same reason you dropped Iriki. He wasn't going to get the ABs he needed to develop. I'm hoping farmer has some good luck with him.

Updated Tuesday, October 13 2015 @ 11:16:40 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, the looking good on paper is why I kept Calvo around for 80 innings of 7.00+ ERA baseball this season. That's a massive sample size for an ERA that high, especially since he wasn't that much better in 50 innings last season. I just hope whoever got him isn't banking on him being their pitching savior, because in my estimation he is more likely to make them rage quit the game than pitch someone to a pennant.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You never know. He might be just good enough to do good at a lower league level. I've cut a few guys like that.

Previous Page | Show All |