Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> What To Do With Him   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have no clue where to play Ignacio or if I should release him.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
SP or drop
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would drop him in your position if you have other pitchers that can fill the gap. He doesn't seem to be living up to what his stats say. Too much of his SI is in Fielding, Range, and Arm which is not very important for a pitcher compared to actual pitching stats.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"Not living up to his SI" he was a 71 SI player a season ago, and gain 17 points. I'd take my lumps for another season. Even with his high D-Skills with 14 POT he'll be fine in the end.

I'd put him as a SP4 or SP5 with high pitch count (100-120) and a low hook (standard 5).

Or the first reliever (2nd inning) with a high pitch count and high hook (over 9) since he'd just be an inning eater at that point most of the time.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you could put him in the minors for this season and then call him up next one, if you're willing to secure him a spot in the roster, clearly.
I don't think he'll be enough useful in the future for your team only playing him in the majors again.
He'll take some other SI point but you will cut him next season anyway.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At 27 he isn't going to gain anything in the minors. If you make him a SP in the majors, he has a chance (no guarantee) to have a big SI gain this year. That could make him useful. If you don't want to make him a SP then I would just cut him as I don't see him ever developing into anything useful without a shot at starting right now.
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You have 4 pitchers that are quite good plus Sung Ryong Song that should be your starting 5. Then you have everyone else, including Ignacio. The rest of the BP is garbage, sorry to say. 12 POT, 70 SI pitchers will not cut it. This makes Ignacio your best pitcher remaining. He's a bit of a project that likely wont pay off until next year.

That said, unless you can get some waiver claims to help *NOW*, you're in full rebuilding mode. And you do have help on the way (THIS guy, jeebus.. http://brokenbat.org/player/98634 ), but it's still 2 years out, at least. Thats about the time you'll need to get the most out of Ignacio.

Personally.... given your top 5 pitchers have better CON and your BP has worse...I'd put him in as Middle reliever or setup guy. It doesn't make sense from a CON standpoint but I would be all about getting this guy a lot of appearances. Right now, the guy with the 3rd most innings is your setup man. Your starters are good enough to eat a lot of innings. If you set this guy to come in the 7th he'll see a lot of work.

I'm hesitant to say it will be a tough year for you with starters like you have, but if they run the pitch count up and you have to go to the bullpen, you'll be sweating bullets. Having someone back there that's going to get better as the year goes on and might be able to hold the fort without getting tired may be worth the growing pains.

(Edit: Oh, one other thing...your starting 5 pitchers would be all righties and Ignacio is a lefty. Would be advantageous to have him as a releiver to face the lefty bats you'll be up against.)

Updated Wednesday, September 9 2015 @ 9:19:49 pm PDT
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ignacio was promoted when he had 63 SI.
Now sits at 88.
I don't think he can make a big leap, rebus sic stantibus.
Even if he'll gain 10 SI, with that fielding/range/arm combo, I don't think he will ever be useful enough in a III league.
I think that he could benefit even now from a year in the minors as a 27 yo, IMHO.

Previous Page | Show All |