Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> mvp?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The other issue has been the right balance between a good pitching performance versus a position player. Is 2 hits and a home run better than 6 inning, 4 K's and 1 ER??

That would be a close call and any result could be argued. So far I saw that balance is ok, first 2 games my starters went 8 innings, and both got the award. In game 2 starter beat a 2-4, 2B, HR, 3 RBI hitter, and I agree with this result.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Player of the Game calculation will include whether the player is from the winning team, but players from the losing team will still be eligible for the award.

Steve
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This seems to favor pitching too heavily.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, so far I've only seen the pitchers becoming MVP, including my reliever who only pitched 2 innings (he got the W though, I suppose that was the reason).
http://brokenbat.org/game/1810453
Think Michael deserved it better, 2 doubles and 2 RBI, including the game-winning one.

Updated Tuesday, September 8 2015 @ 5:07:00 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I dunno about all the must-win stuff. We're not talking about a series MVP. Or a season MVP.. But a game MVP. 1 of 160. To my way of thinking, it should go to the player who performed the best. Little bonus if you win.

Game 3 of my season I had a guy who went 2/3 with a double, 2R HR, and a BB. I lost. The MVP went to a player on the winning team who went 1-5 with a 2R HR. Seems to me my guy was more valuable. (His team-mates tho are trash committing 3 errors for 6 unearned runs).
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmm. Seca, I had one game where a guy on the winning team had the same line, but with 5 total bases instead of 6 (same runs and RBI). The player with 6 on the losing team got the MVP.

For the games I've looked at the balance/judging between pitchers and position players has been very good.

I'm not really concerned about it. It's a fun feature and nothing more. Still, since it is here, we might as well try to help with making it mirror how we would vote.

(Hmmm. Sounds like we have a winner for the next poll topic. If you have a game where you disagree with who was chosen as the MVP or simply think it's a tough call, please mail me a link to the game. I'll compile a few of the them for a fun poll.)

Updated Tuesday, September 8 2015 @ 9:52:56 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ya. I'm not that worried about it either.

Most of my experience with "player of the game" comes from the NHL, so I may be off base.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Agree...player of the game isn't something that's common in baseball, except for an All-Star MVP. Somebody requested it for the All-Star game....so I just figured it would be a fun thing for every game.

Steve
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Will game MVP awards contribute to Cy Young and MVP selection at the end of the season?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Nope...just for fun.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |