Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2024 Draft #2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/114259

Looks like a keeper. No note on control but that can be masked with high movement. My minor league pitching farm is starting to come together finally.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I think in a vacuum the draft system we have here captures the hit-and-miss nature of the MLB draft perfectly Mike. The problem is that there is too much weight that has to be carried by the draft and waivers in Broken Bat.

We need to find a trade system that works for this game or perhaps consider some sort of limited transfer market. It's nearly impossible to fill specific needs as things stand now. My top priority coming into this season was to find a minor league 2B. Despite placing claims on several good candidates that opened Spring on waivers, I still don't have anyone to play 2B in a few seasons.

A transfer market might be the answer. Maybe to avoid the day-trading that happens with most transfer markets in online sports sims, we limit the number of transfers a club can make per season and instead of the escalating bid system most of these games employ, we go with a blind bid system. With a blind bid system an owner would actually have to try to pinpoint the true value of a player instead of just trying to jump in with the last-minute bid on a player just as the deadline expires as happens in most of these games.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Spoon - No note for control is good. Because you only get a scouting note if they have bad control. Nothing is the best scout report you can get for control. Its feasible that guy maxes out at 20 control.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got another player who may have trouble getting good. Asia hasn't been kind to me this season.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got a 13 potential lefty OF with very good hitting and above average slugging. Due to the depth of my farm system and team needs he may be the guy I have to cut next Friday. Archie Evans
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
got a very nice pick today. Tom Černý

Updated Friday, September 4 2015 @ 12:49:54 pm PDT

Updated Friday, September 4 2015 @ 12:51:18 pm PDT

Updated Friday, September 4 2015 @ 12:52:36 pm PDT
bsmall84

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Weak arm high range High School C. maybe 2B/OF/DH
Ulrich
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Identified my needs for this season as a teenaged SS, 1B, and RP.

Dinos thought they might have gotten the SS today. Unfortunately Marshall seems better suited for 2B.

Coaching staff is a little higher on Sims, who is similar and was drafted in the late rounds last season.

For now the Dinos will hold on to both, and see how Marshall's noodle arm does at SS.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/114287.let's try this again.can't seem to get this linking thing to work right yet.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Last week I found my first pot15, from International
This week, from Latino, a Pot14 LHP

Not posting to brag tho, but to report about this 16yo pitcher:
at 16, he's 6'7" 268pounds !!
Is he a relative of Andre the Giant??? :)

Previous Page | Show All |