Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Salary Increases: Are They Just Random?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Pierce is home grown. You are getting a discount. Would get the same discount if the player wasn't drafted by your club, but joined when he was young and did his development with your team.

When a player gets released from the team that developed him, he gets a bump in salary. He also follows a different track in terms of salary increases. Guys like Daniel often seem to make a big correction the first off-season with their non home club.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Seca Homegrown vs. Free Agent make a lot of sense, I hadn't considered that aspect.

As far as getting ready to pay Michael, I was ready for the explosion this season.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I have not figured out how salaries are figured in the year+ I've been here but I suspect at bats and innings pitched may have a bigger impact than actual performance.
As far as Fischer goes, I am wondering if my relegation had an impact, and conversely, promotion would likely impact as well. I had Velez go from 5 million plus to 3 million plus as well, so I had a couple of large salaried acquisitions drop significantly this spring.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, yeah. I forgot that home grown pitchers have a discount. Thx for the explanation Seca.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
On a side note - remember the 9 million dollar third baseman? He's a 13 million dollar third baseman now ;)
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In league level 5/6? What kind of a fool picks up a player with that big of a contract at that low a level? I bet his finances are severely in the red unless the rest of his players are $0.5mil rookies.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Top 3 position players make over 25 M combined. Which is more than all my position players combined. Geez.

But it looks like signing a bunch of free agents is bad for business.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess the Dan Snyder philosophy doesn't work in Broken Bat either :)
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Well he did promote. 119 wins and 8 runs a game. Those guys paid off against division six pitching. One guy had 175 rbi's.

Whatever he was doing wasn't working. Started in D3 and steadily dropped. Maybe this was a last ditch effort.

I do still think Dan Snyder would mess up an Arena 2 league team ;)
Philliesworld

Blacksburg Bulldogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I hope Dan Snyder stays at the skins for a millennium, he sucks,sucks, and sucks some more.

I am an Eagles fan................

Previous Page | Show All |